Notices

Would anyone be interested in this idea...

Old 10-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Jigga
Sittin on Dubs Minus 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ManTiS
How about accessories which are essentially universal? Who wants to join a 'club' that rountinely searches their cars as if they sell drugs?
I think common sense would come into play. It would raise a red flag is someone was buying integra parts, and they have a civic registered. Or if they were buying the same set of piaa light bulbs every week or month, or something to that effect...
Old 10-17-2002, 12:45 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

I woudl sport it if i got some deals on parts, b/c i dont get much money fomr my job.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:24 PM
yohbee

I think common sense would come into play. It would raise a red flag is someone was buying integra parts, and they have a civic registered. Or if they were buying the same set of piaa light bulbs every week or month, or something to that effect...
I think White95CivicSi has a very valid point. Between me and my friends, their must be about eight of us using one Costco membership card. Now concerning the selling of the parts that you buy at cost to make a profit - would that be strictly forbidden? If so, how can that possibly be enforced? And what if I buy something like a set of rims and later decide that I don't like them. Am I doomed to keep them forever or can I legitamitely sell them so I can get a different set :dunno:
Old 10-19-2002, 09:38 PM
nemesisracing_1

i wouldn't mind but keep me posted on final numbers and the rules or sort.... but how does being in diff states work.. for eg. u in philly and me in cali...
Old 10-20-2002, 05:21 AM
Translucent

The end goal for your company is make a profit while being able to get its name out and selling parts cheap.

Well, here's an example. Lets say, you charge membership fee's per month. W/o say making people sign a contract, a person could just pay their 50 dollars, mod the **** out of their car with wholesale price parts and be done with you.

So you've then made 50 dollars and sold 1500 dollars of car parts making no profit.

Realistically, if the offset in price from retail to wholesale is as big as you say, this is what you should do.

You either charge an annual fee up front, or have them sign a year contract stating that they have to use your sticker on their car and they'll be able to then buy parts from you, after paying their membership fees. I would then take a look online and locally where you live and take any 15 - 25 different random commonly purchased mods and see what their retail price from these shops compares to their wholesale price.

After doing that, I'd be willing to be its somewhere between 30% - 45% higher than wholesale. Its important to figure out what your competition is really doing. After those findings, you can better tell if you should be doing a 2%-10% markup on the parts themselves, and how much the membership fees should actually be.

It wouldn't be smart business to make Zero Profit on parts. I doubt you'd last too long, unless the fees were quite high and if the fees look too high, I doubt you'll have many people interested.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:36 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

you understand, wholesale may not be even wholesale.

Usually manufacturers sell products based on quantity for instance, this was for a cold air intake

buy 1-5 - $60
buy 6-20 - $55
buy 20-50 - $45
buy 50-100 - $40

so even if this guy sells them for "at cost", usually small stores don't buy enough inventory to get great deals fro manufacturers
Old 03-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Cashis EG8
Registered Rota Dealer

Back from the dead...

I'm guessing this never worked out?