Notices

New guy: need advice on H22 hatch

Old 06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Convert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy: need advice on H22 hatch

As my name reflects, i am a recent convert form Volkswagen. I have a 2000 jetta VR6 that i am trying desperately to get rid of. in the year I've owned I've spent at least 2k in repairs with many in need. its fun to drive and looks great, but I've decided to cross over. My wife and I just bought a brand new Fit and its been great so far. But i digress...

the real question: Ive been looking into a 90 something civic hatch. i think its a 94. At any rate, its got an H22 swap. i know nothing about the motor codes for honda, but i have a friend who says its the JDM H22, which is rated @ 220. the car is gutted with the front support out and a fiberglass hood. it was shop built and is being offered @ 4k.

-Is this a good buy?
-I hear that the 1320 should be around 13, true?
-The gauge cluster doesnt work except for the tach, is there a solution for this?
- the full exhaust has been done, and my close honda friends say that there isnt a lot more that needs to be done. and when i say friends i mean mechanics.

any advice is appreciated!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 PM
rays>eg

Honestly I wouldn't stick with d or b series there cheaper an you can swap as you please . Unless its a k-series hatch then go get it:driving:
Old 06-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Xcelon619

Are you in California? is the car smogged or B.A.R.?