Notices

Ground wire locations

Old 05-25-2007, 07:23 AM
kamikazek9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ra005e
Check your fuses.
The fuses were checked. I changed the reverse switch on the transmission, and I figured that either the wire is broken or a bad ground.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 AM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Originally Posted by kamikazek9
The fuses were checked. I changed the reverse switch on the transmission, and I figured that either the wire is broken or a bad ground.
This is gonna sound stupid but, just to make sure, you have the ignition turned on when you look for reverse lights, right?

I assume it's a manual, correct? (said switch and not range sensor or whatever it'd be)

Also, you didn't mention checking the bulbs but I'll assume you did that too.

You could try bypassing that switch, jumping the connector to see if that works but if you're sure the switch is good that pry won't help.

If it's both lights being affected and not the switch I'd check to make sure all connections (start with those easiest to access) are clean and tight.
I know some people have had your problem and it was because a connector somewhere down the line had worked it's way loose.

Last edited by A-series; 05-29-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 AM
kamikazek9

Changed the bulbs. I guess I need to actually trace the wires through the car and see if they are damaged or to check the grounds