Notices

95 civic intermittent no start after head gasket replacement.........

Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 PM
karkrazy
Still Trying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic intermittent no start after head gasket replacement.........

hello, please help me. the car ran fine before i had to replace the head gasket on it. after the head gasket it has intermittent no start problem. there is spark in the plugs and the fuel pump does kick in. some times it starts fine and some times it just keeps cranking but wouldn't start. i was thinking its the main relay cause when its cranking and not starting you can her the realy keeps clicking very fast and the "check engine light" flashes at the same rate oppose to when it starts fine the realy only clicks couple times and the engine light doesn't flash.
how ever i did try a new main relay and no luck or maybe it was the wrong relay. so what could it be i hope its not the ECM. thanks in advance
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

did you disconnect the battery when changing the headgasket and relay?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
karkrazy
Still Trying

@omniscient........ yes i had disconnected the battery when i changed the head gasket. however when i tried the new main relay i didn't disconnect the battery.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 AM
m735is

Triple check all of the ground points, battery connections and cables. If they are all good (clean, tight, and no corrosion), then keep looking.

Did you ever notice any ignition switch type problems before the no start situation?
Old 05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
karkrazy
Still Trying

thanks guys for your help. the ground wire near the thermostat was loose i tightend it up and the car started right up. and its been starting every time since then