Notices

help with custom magnaflow

Old 04-07-2007, 09:30 AM
///mfury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with custom magnaflow

1st of all i just want to introduce myself, name is dave. the car is a 95 EG coupe. 2nd i need some help with a custom magnaflow. ive been doing some research but nothing tells me which ones people have used and tried. piping will be mandrel bent 2.25" with stock cat. right now im looking at either:

12225 + some random tip

im only looking to do a custom job but im open to suggestions. and please dont tell me to get some type of cat-back (i.e. apexi, greddy, rsr, etc)

thanks in advance
Old 04-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Welcome, Dave. :cheers:

I would go with the last choice. A 5" or 6" canister is huge and it will most likely be very loud.

I was going to get an oval one installed but it was too long to fit on my Greddy piping.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 AM
///mfury

Originally Posted by Provocateur
Welcome, Dave. :cheers:

I would go with the last choice. A 5" or 6" canister is huge and it will most likely be very loud.

I was going to get an oval one installed but it was too long to fit on my Greddy piping.
hey thanks :beer: . lets say i get 12225, the only problem is getting a tip. would any of the magnaflow tips fit the stock bumper without looking too ricey?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by ///mfury
hey thanks :beer: . lets say i get 12225, the only problem is getting a tip. would any of the magnaflow tips fit the stock bumper without looking too ricey?
Personally, I wouldn't run a tip. It would look more stock like that. If you are getting the brushed muffler, I wouldn't bother. If you are getting the polished version, a tip might be a good idea.