Notices

Have springs, struts - need anything else to replace suspension (245K on 96)

Old 04-04-2007, 06:33 PM
snosurfa7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have springs, struts - need anything else to replace suspension (245K on 96)

Finally replacing my busted suspension on my 96 HX, 245,000 I think it is time.

I have the springs and struts - should I just re-use all the mounting hardware from my car? Or should I buy new stuff, and if so, where is a good place to do this? Only ask this b/c it is such a high mileage vehicle.

I'm not gonna race it, this is my budget DD I'm just trying to make a little more fun and comfortable...

thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 06:36 PM
snosurfa7

Oh, by the way, they are Tein H Techs and KYB GR-2 struts, got em for $150 w/ less than 4K on them! So I know I don't need a camber kit, but I am going to do the washer trick.

More so wondering about new mounting hardware, bushings, etc...
Old 04-04-2007, 06:59 PM
96gsintegra

someone correct me if im wrong, but on a 96 the washer trick will only work in the rear. youll still need a camber kit for the front
Old 04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
cpvdh

Originally Posted by 96gsintegra
someone correct me if im wrong, but on a 96 the washer trick will only work in the rear. youll still need a camber kit for the front
correct

although most people have come to agree that a camber kit is not necessary for a drop of 1.5 in. or less as long as a good alignment is done after the suspension work

you can reuse the rest of your suspension parts but it may be a hassle
after that many miles some of the parts may be a pain in the ass to get apart so be prepared to deal with that

patience is your friend for suspension work, find a good diy guide and a good friend and get to work
Old 04-04-2007, 08:55 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Another thing to replace with that many miles are the suspension bushings and the inner/outer tie rods as they get alot of play with 200+K miles.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:43 AM
snosurfa7

Thanks...yeah, the H techs only drop -1.3 in the front, -1.1 in the rear...

Does anyone know where I can get a kit with all new mounting hardware? I know I've read about people using them before, I just can't find the info as to where to get these "kits"....