Notices

Newb with Questions

Old 03-28-2007, 07:47 AM
truwon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb with Questions

Hey Guys

I just wanted to introduce myself. Some background info: I've been modding my 3er for the last 6 years. Here's a couple of pics.

I just picked up a 96 Civic DX as a daily driver and was looking to do some slight modifications to it. Even though its a daily, I still want to have fun driving it. I'm new to the honda world and its products, though I did have a stock 89 Prelude back in highschool/college. I'm not familar with the brands out there, especially what to avoid.
I want to keep it real clean and simple. I'm looking to add a front lip, a new muffler for a slightly sportier sound and look (nothing loud), lowering springs (about an 1" at most), and new wheels (maybe plus size to 14" or 15").
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dennis
Old 03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
fathergoat
:3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to HAN! :wavey: nice bimmer

When it comes to a civic there's only two ways to make it faster. 1. swap the motor 2. turbo If you want the exhaust just for looks and sound great, just keep in mind that's about all it's going to do. Where the civic really gets fun is in the corners. Get yourself some new shocks, springs, and sway bars and you will love it. I'm running on a budget setup of KYB GR-2 shocks, stock springs, and Suspension Techniques sway bars for less than 500 bones. I like it because my car rides nice on the rough county roads I live on but it can still corner like mad. Depending on your roads and budget you might want to go with something nicer and/or lowered. Do a search for shocks and springs to see what other people are running and what's in your budget. As far as rims go find some you like and search for the brand name to get an idea of their quality. Take a look at www.edgeracing.com they have some good prices. But like I said search the brand names before you buy. And when HAN doesn't have the answer there's always google.