Notices

changing fuel filter

Old 08-11-2006, 01:19 PM
nav111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing fuel filter

Could some one explain me how to change fuel filter.I own 2000 honda civic (base model).
Unrealted question.
THis might be stupid question. speedometer on civic says it can go all the way to 130mph. is this true? last time i reached 115mph, the car was dying to go any further. it was going, but barely.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:33 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On your car, I think the fuel filter is located on the firewall and looks like a little can-looking thingy. It's about 3 inches in legth and is usually black.(This is if you don;t know where it is). First I would take your gas cap off to relieve some pressure so it doesn't squirt everywhere. Then just crack the bolt on the top of the filter and then take the bolt out along with the fuel line. Next is to dismount it from the fire wall. Make sure you put a rag over the wrench and bolt because fuel could squirt from there. Also, if the new filter doesn't come with washers for the bolt and line, I would be careful to not lose the existing washers.
For your next question, your Civic can't go faster than about 120. People say they've gotten past that, but who knows. Only way to get it past that mark is to start making more power.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

Originally Posted by JoePoonani
On your car, I think the fuel filter is located on the firewall and looks like a little can-looking thingy. It's about 3 inches in legth and is usually black.(This is if you don;t know where it is). First I would take your gas cap off to relieve some pressure so it doesn't squirt everywhere. Then just crack the bolt on the top of the filter and then take the bolt out along with the fuel line. Next is to dismount it from the fire wall. Make sure you put a rag over the wrench and bolt because fuel could squirt from there. Also, if the new filter doesn't come with washers for the bolt and line, I would be careful to not lose the existing washers.
For your next question, your Civic can't go faster than about 120. People say they've gotten past that, but who knows. Only way to get it past that mark is to start making more power.
The fastest any 00 Civic EX,LX, DX with a d16 will go is 120mph. It will hit speed limiter... with the power I'm making that happens quite often I know for fact my car will hit 140+mph no problem without a TSL. When you hit 120 it will cut off and feel like if something is pulling you back and it will slow down to around 115mph til it hits 120mph again.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:25 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it's basically a fuel cutoff. I got my Civic to about 115 and I stopped so I don't know the exact speed it can go. Sure, they can go 140+, but you also have to factor in aerodynamics, thats what kills the Civic.

Edit: You have an auto tranny, so would that play a role in the speed limiter? I've heard of guys getting to 125+ in their Civics.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:20 AM
nav111

for those littel horses it can go 140+??? intresting....lol.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by InfiniteVTec
The fastest any 00 Civic EX,LX, DX with a d16 will go is 120mph. It will hit speed limiter... with the power I'm making that happens quite often I know for fact my car will hit 140+mph no problem without a TSL. When you hit 120 it will cut off and feel like if something is pulling you back and it will slow down to around 115mph til it hits 120mph again.
I call ultimate bullshit that your car can hit 140+ on a flat surface....maybe downhill with a tailwind.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:13 AM
ElCoqui19

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
I call ultimate bullshit that your car can hit 140+ on a flat surface....maybe downhill with a tailwind.

:werd: ,I got up to 130 in my stock Si and that was in a tunnel run and 135 in my boy's GSR.Not saying that it aint possible,but it's hard to belive that.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by ElCoqui19
:werd: ,I got up to 130 in my stock Si and that was in a tunnel run and 135 in my boy's GSR.Not saying that it aint possible,but it's hard to belive that.
no, it is not possible...especially in that fuckin autotragic peice of shit he thinks is super bad ass, when in fact it is super gay.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:02 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

Originally Posted by JoePoonani
So it's basically a fuel cutoff. I got my Civic to about 115 and I stopped so I don't know the exact speed it can go. Sure, they can go 140+, but you also have to factor in aerodynamics, thats what kills the Civic.

Edit: You have an auto tranny, so would that play a role in the speed limiter? I've heard of guys getting to 125+ in their Civics.
It's probably possible to go 125mph going down hill only if you're close to 120mph, since the computer can't prevent you from rolling downhill speed increase. The comp just cuts fuel off at 120mph
Old 08-13-2006, 06:03 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
I never said my car could go 140mph. don't be ignorant. I can only go 120mph SPEED LIMITED.

Quick Reply: changing fuel filter