Notices

Front Bumper Reassembly

Old 07-07-2006, 07:48 AM
WalknIsStilHnst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Reassembly

Hey,

I recently installed a ram air intake on my '96 Civic EX and I had to take the bumper off to get to the resounance box to take it out. When I tried to get the bumper back on, it won't quite fit right. The left side goes flush but the right side grill keeps popping out from the bumper and I can't get 3 of the 5 clips in front of the radiator to line up. From what I can see, nothing is stopping it from going in flush. Any suggestions?
Old 07-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

I'd take it all the way off, and start from scratch again. You'll be able to see if you forgot something along the way.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:17 AM
WalknIsStilHnst

Aight, I'll wait till I can get a friend to help me out though, it blows tryin to get everything straight by yourself. Other suggestions still appreciated in case that doesnt work.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
WalknIsStilHnst

I finally got it all straight. It turns out the thin piece of metal frame that runs in front of the radiator (the piece the 5 black clips go into) was bent from a fender-bender I got into a few months back. Once I bent the piece straight again, the bumper went on no problem. That was probably why it was so hard to get off in the first place...haha.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Originally Posted by WalknIsStilHnst
I finally got it all straight. It turns out the thin piece of metal frame that runs in front of the radiator (the piece the 5 black clips go into) was bent from a fender-bender I got into a few months back. Once I bent the piece straight again, the bumper went on no problem. That was probably why it was so hard to get off in the first place...haha.
Nice!