Notices

d15b2 to d16z6 write up

Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
honda_civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d15b2 to d16z6 write up

hi, does anyone have alink to civic D15b2 to civic d16z6 swap/mini-me write up please. ive found some but pics dont appaer. thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM
latinracerct

just to let you know its very easy this is what you do.
things to buy- vtec head, head gasket for head, timing belt for head- wires and plugs.

remove your old head with head removed look in between your 2 center cylinders theres an oil squirter there screw a small screw in the squirter and pull out. clean off the head thoroughly. remove your stock timing belt and install new one you bought for the head. make sure block is still in timing. install head make sure the head is at tdc and place timing belt on. the only thing youll ahve to do is run vtec to vafc. wire on ecu or to button if no access to any. you can use your stock dizzy but you have to chopp off 1 of the legs thats basically it
Old 06-21-2006, 11:23 AM
honda_civic

Default d15b2 swap to d16z6

hi i thought it was easy to but now im stuck.

ive taken the whole d15b2 engine out and put in the d16z6 engine inc gearbox.

no on my cars wiring in the hood there are 2 connectors which have wiring coming friom the car located near the air box. the wiring loom from the d16z6 has 3 connectors. the two dont fit in and where is 3 one gonna go.

then there are another 2 connectors located near the other end of the car near power stering fluid. the d16z6 loom has again 3 connectors. same problem.

the wiring from the exsisting d15b2 car dosnt fit into the distributor either. and the intake amnifold wires dont fit either.

the d15b2 is dualpoint fuel injection and d16z6 is multipoint. can this have any thing to do with there being more connectors.

both engine are from a EG civic 1994 3 door hatch. im in the uk by the way.

any help would be grately appreciated.

thanks
Old 06-21-2006, 07:35 PM
latinracerct

ok give me your biggest problem basically that you have extras wires
Old 06-22-2006, 12:54 AM
honda_civic

Default civic wiing

hi if i take the wiring loom that is inside the car which runs from the ecu and clustrs to the outside of the car (under the hood) then will the loom match up. thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 09:19 AM
qtiger

Originally Posted by honda_civic
the d15b2 is dualpoint fuel injection and d16z6 is multipoint. can this have any thing to do with there being more connectors.
Yes.

No EG civics in north america had dualpoint injection so you're out of luck for info from me. You might actually have more luck asking in the Pre-92 forum, because some people there have swapped from dualpoint to multipoint injection.

You're in for a whole lot of custom wiring.