Notices

Del Sol USA?

Old 06-18-2006, 06:14 AM
Del Sol Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol USA?

Hi, I'm a boy from Norway. I'm going to US for a year from august, when I'm in the US I'm planing bying a Del Sol becausee it cost a half as much as in Norway. But does it exist Del Sol in the US with electric targa? Or is the electric targa just for Japan/Europe? If so is it possible to put in the electric targa after I have byed a Del Sol?

Sorry for my bad English, thanks for answers!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:49 AM
2gr84u
2gr84u

No, the power targra top is not available in any of the USDM Del Sols. It is possible to install it into a Del Sol, but the cost is rediculous. Its MUCH better to just take it on and off the car your self, because the power top is a very large unit, and id imagine its pretty heavy as well, so while it might seem a nice conveinence to have, its not worth it in my opinion
Old 06-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Rock~1

The transtop runs usually between 1500-2000. it looks cool but it takes about 15 seconds to do it by yourself so i personally dont see it as being a huge advantage. unless you want to pull up on an SL65 AMG and pull your top off like him
Old 06-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Del Sol Boy

Hmm...the electric targa is one of my favorite things on Del Sol..maybe I'll put one in someday. But I think it's a bit wired that almost all other countries exept US can get the elctric targa as an option. Well, well. Maybe I'm only going to by the styling in the US and import an Del Sol from switserland or Germany when i get back to Norway.