Notices

Engine/manual tranny 93 civic dx

Old 06-14-2006, 10:33 AM
jsimon1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine/manual tranny 93 civic dx

I was wondering which vtec honda engines will fit into my 93 civic dx. also i was going to convert it from auto to manual transmission. What is a good tranny to buy. I'm new at this and I realy want to get into tuning my car. Thanks

Last edited by jsimon1982; 06-14-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Rock~1

First, you can fit most any engine it really depends how much money your willing to spend. second, read. There are tons and tons of threads about pretty much any car.

Alright now for the specifics. any B series should go in easily with new mounts. K series should fit in with a little work, but its a good amount of money. H series will also fit but its pretty snug.

Almost all these engines have vtec except the LS integra motor b18b(?) not positive im still fairly new to this game as well. Auto to manual trans isnt to difficult just involves new pedals, a couple holes, and some cable running. Use the search button and just read, you will learn alot.

Other people be nice in your responses and help the new guy.
Good luck :bigok:
Old 06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
waaBAAH

depends on what you wnat to go? what are your goals? yes...even with cars your mom was always right. you need some goals. lol make a list of what is more improtant. better gas mileage? racing? drag? autocross? cruising on highways alot? what speeds do you drive at normally on the highwya? how much money do you wnat to spend on a tranny? how much security do you wnat before your tranny starts to grind into diffrnet gears? do you wnat lsd? do you like one wheel wonders? do you like traction in the snow/rain while turning?

as for vtec honda engines??? how much money do you have to blow :cough: spend? what kind of racing if any? show worthy? style points? ease of install? power goals? truboing it in the future? do you like to find parts more easilly? do you like torque or horsepower...yes there is a diffrence. do you like bike style higher redlines or v8 short redlines?

welcome to han :lmao: