Notices

96-00 civic w/ Eibach Pro kit.

Old 09-27-2002, 09:00 AM
OSGP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by str8edgexx
I know that the drop from a Prokit is only like 1.25"....can you really feel a difference? Is there that much improvement in handling? I've been toying with this idea for a while, and I can't go any lower because NYC roads will eat my car for breakfast if I drop it more than that. Will there be a dramatic improvement, a moderate one, or barely none at all? I read what OSGP had to say, but any one else have these that wants to share their opinion?
Yes, there IS a difference with Pro-Kit, Even with stock shocks. The quality of ride's dramatic and much better, so's handling. Not too choppy, but a bit of bobbing. When I first got my Pro-Kit with stock shocks, I was thinking, man that's no drop at all! It looked high just like stock. But after springs settled in, it drops a bit. After 2 years, I guess the stock shocks are wearing off, could tell because the car's front end bobbed even more and the car dropped even more to a point that sometime there's rubbing against the botton of front lip spoiler. Just got Koni Reds 2 months ago and the height was back up again like stock, especially the front end, and hopefully it'll come down a bit once they start to settle in little bit more. Now the ride quality's much more solid and no more bobbing of front end. Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:04 AM
OSGP

I think any drop of 1.75" or more will affect the alignment and requires camber kit to correct that. That's additional $$$. No alignment problem with Pro-Kit so far...
Old 09-27-2002, 12:03 PM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

So I'm wondering...what does everyone think is an ideal drop for a daily driver? I'm looking for a combination of better handling and improved look to the car. I want a noticeable difference without really limiting myself to where I can take the car. Before my Honda, I had a Nissan pickup that was ~3" off the ground...I loved it, but sometimes it was inconvenient as a daily driver, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that again (yet)...
Old 09-30-2002, 11:51 AM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

one more question to anyone that has them or have seen before and after putting on Pro kits on a 96-00 civic.

Did the drop cut the fender gap by at least half?

I don't mind a lil fender gap since I'm only rolling on 15's. Just need the drop to be enough to notice the car 'settled' on the wheels, not 'resting' on them (zero fender gap).

thX
Old 09-30-2002, 01:30 PM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by OSGP

You were probably referring to the Eibach Sport-Line. They have a drop of 1.75".
aren't they 1.8" I have the sportlines on my 00 ex and once they settled they are closer to 2" realistically. I think they are a bit too low, if i could do it again i'd just get the pro kit...they are rated at 1.3" drop but once they settle in it'll probably be more like a 1.5" drop which is perfect.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:15 PM
Brad
wooo nascar!

here are some pics you asked for.. i have a pro kit and kyb agx struts.. im very happy (settings 3 front and 6 rear)

before

after

that enough pics?
Old 09-30-2002, 06:26 PM
skubb
not that TLC sh!t either

are you sure thats ^ a prokit? are the struts adjustable?

I can asure you, you want either neuspeed sports or eibach sportline.

Handling will be like day and night. just don't get crazy and think your a racecar driver.

After a while no matter what you'll want new shocks. spend enough money and get adjustables and drop it more
Old 09-30-2002, 07:22 PM
Brad
wooo nascar!

positive that its a pro kit.. the struts are kyb agx.. adjustable dampening but not ride height..
Old 10-01-2002, 09:31 AM
Jkan2001
S2000 Pilot

Originally posted by RiceBurninVTEC
positive that its a pro kit.. the struts are kyb agx.. adjustable dampening but not ride height..

nice...i really like your setup. I wish i would've gotten the pro kit instead of sportline. I'm getting the AGX's though...hope it rides better after those.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:10 PM
Brad
wooo nascar!

thanks!

Quick Reply: 96-00 civic w/ Eibach Pro kit.