Notices

Turbo Kits on Ebay

Old 05-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Tassimau
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Kits on Ebay

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the turbo kits they sell on ebay. Are they any good??
Old 05-25-2006, 02:25 PM
waaBAAH

manifolds crack and diaphram in external wastegates get either stuck open or stuck closed. meaning really insane high boost or no boost at all. blow off valves get stuvck open sometimes.....creating a loud whistling for the whole rpm length of the gear. (no...its not the turbo sound) downpipes need minor fabbing in some cases to clear your oil pan. turbos crack under stress right in half.

but other then that...you will be king on the road for awhile but will always be tinkering with little shit and or buying more ....complete parts.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

I built my newly revised kit for 1049$. All brand name parts. Do it right the first time and you won't have a headache later.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by Omniscient
I built my newly revised kit for 1049$. All brand name parts. Do it right the first time and you won't have a headache later.
fricking :werd:
Homemadeturbo.com is your friend, go there and learn the ways to a good build on a budget
Old 05-26-2006, 05:24 AM
delsol161

Originally Posted by 2gr84u
fricking :werd:
Homemadeturbo.com is your friend, go there and learn the ways to a good build on a budget
i listened to him a few months ago. i have about $650 into my kit, and all i need is one rubber coupler, one oil line, a few fittings, ecu rechipped (getting it for $50), and injectors. homemadeturbo.com is a great resource IMO
Old 05-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Wreckless96

I have the turbo kit from ebay. it is just one big pain in the ass. my down pipe sat to far low and draged on the ground untill i could get it to the muffler shop. the return line was way to short so i had to get a new one and my waste gate is always open because my o ring didn't fit from the turbo manafold to the wastegate. the blow off value spring was to stiff so i had to cut a couple coils out of it, but works fine now. after everything was said and done tuning and everything i spent alittle under 2 g's. evens with a leaking wastegate. i have 208 hp at the crank. I ran a 15.9 at the track which is shitty but my clutch slips hella bad in 3rd once i hit boost.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:37 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by Wreckless96
I have the turbo kit from ebay. it is just one big pain in the ass. my down pipe sat to far low and draged on the ground untill i could get it to the muffler shop. the return line was way to short so i had to get a new one and my waste gate is always open because my o ring didn't fit from the turbo manafold to the wastegate. the blow off value spring was to stiff so i had to cut a couple coils out of it, but works fine now. after everything was said and done tuning and everything i spent alittle under 2 g's. evens with a leaking wastegate. i have 208 hp at the crank. I ran a 15.9 at the track which is shitty but my clutch slips hella bad in 3rd once i hit boost.
Damn...spending under 2 grand and only running a 15.9 is pretty bad. IMO i wouldnt even bother w/ an ebay kit. Do some research on parts and figure what kind of power you're looking for, and piece your kit out. I would also only buy from brands that are reputable. Trust me bro, im not cocky, but i know this shit...its just been a very long time since i posted on here
Old 05-29-2006, 01:48 PM
gsr wannabe

Default Going turbo?

STAY THE FACK OFF OF EBAY

Try and find someones used kit, pull turbo and other parts off of a dsm @ the junkyard, hell, hook a leaf blower into your intake, but for gods sake, don't buy turbo stuff off of ebay!!! Read some of the feedback for those retailers-

Run screaming from ebay turbo kits...they WILL fail...