Notices

Open/close loop related question

Old 05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open/close loop related question

My car seems to have more torque below normal operating temperatures, like after I start my car up.

off Idle acceleration is nice, but once the car warms up to normal operating temperature, it loses that strong launching ability.

My questions are... is this normal? Is it launching better due to fueling as the car is running in open loop? or is this related to my tranny being cool?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:17 AM
mini-me civic

when a car is in open loop the car usues preprogrammed info to run the car until it reaches normal operating temperature.. the o2 sensors are usuall what triggers the open and close loop program.. but some o2 sensors are heated o2 sensor which heats up the sensor in seconds and the car runs in close loop.. but i think as soon as ur car is started (engine still cold) i think the computer dumps more gas and air into the cylinders making u feel like ur ccar has more horsepower when its cold...
Old 05-10-2006, 07:52 PM
InfiniteVTec
The Dealer

I dont know if timing gets changed or what, but I tried adding more fuel when my car was at Normal Operating temperature and I couldn't yield the same effect.

I wonder if timing changes or if my valves need to be readjusted. since the clearance would change when the engine is cold.