Notices

'00 Civic Si Stolen!

Old 05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Seruy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, good news guys, sort of, the car was recovered this morning. The bad news are the engine and tranny are missing. Other than that the car is a box. Any help finding the real engine is appreciated, maybe it will show up at ebay or any other place that is very close to Chicago.

The vin of the engine should be: 1HGEM1158YL042132

The engine is hot so if anyone reports this number to police they will immediately call me. Chances are small but...

Also, if anyone knows legit company that has and sell JDM VTEC engines please let me know so that I can put back my car. Parting it out would not be a very good thing, since it will take me about 4 grand to put it back together. Well, please look after this engine and I have the pic again:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8566/civicsi44lg.jpg

It has a red head top and an AEM plug cover, the cluster was also stolen with 35k on the clock. So this is what you guys can look out for. Anything, anything at all would be superb. Thanks and lets be safe out there.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Seruy

Everything else was there, no body parts were taken so all is needed is the engine.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:49 PM
egghead
TF Plasti-crack Crew

Definitely http://www.hmotorsonline.com/

I say go with a B18C if your budget permits it. And get some theft insurance.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Seruy

Originally Posted by egghead
And get some theft insurance.
Oh hell yeah!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Originally Posted by Seruy
Oh hell yeah!
Lucky fck. Glad you got it back!!!!!!! The assholes that did that to you will get their card pulled else where. h:

Dont' be afraid to click on a link on HAN for another motor. If they were doggin' people out, they wouldn't be here. I was hoping that clicking on this thread was going to end up in THEY FOUND MY CAR.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:52 PM
ColeM
Banned

man sorry glad u got the frame back sum ppl have got their cars stolen nd it just inspired them to drop a b18 or sumthin in there just to do one better haha but next time keep that shit locked up cuz its obviously a si cuz of the blue and the vtec on the side when they took the engine how clean did they do it? are they pros?
Old 05-05-2006, 03:43 AM
Fkatz

i asked my tata (father) about your car getting stolen the exact words he told me cuz he used to live on Damen and Augusta was that the neighborhood thieves take a car rip the motor out and push it down the street the neighborhood is notorious for that kinda job w/ a racecar motor 30yrs ago and i guess it is today
Old 05-05-2006, 05:24 AM
OblivionLord

Sorry to hear about the problem you had. It is one of the main reasons why I dont do any engine upgrades regardless of what people here say to get a better engine now after your engine got stolen since this is your only car. Seems kind of pointless if you do live in that type of area if it is going to be proned for theft. You should really have a second car as your racing hobby Locked up safely even though nothing is 100% safe and have a seperate daily driver so you can actually drive around town without any Theft worries. I had an 85 Chevy Blazer that I had absolutly no worries on where I was driving because it looked just as bad as the neighborhoods I drove through. Now when I was going on a date then I use the other car hehehe.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:17 AM
dawrenn

My car got stolen on March 10th and recovered about 12 hours later. This is what I got back:

This is what it used to look like:

Dont say anything about the grill, the thieves did not switch it out. I did when I relized the Si grill did not match the color of the car.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:49 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont expect your car to look like his though. whoever stole that car knew what they wanted and they took it nice and clean because they either wanted him to put another swap in for him to steal, or didnt want to cause too much heartache