Notices

Please help!!! problems!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2006, 05:39 PM
njblacksol
gangsta pancake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!! problems!!!!!!!!!!

hey was up guys...ummm.... i have a 95 civic coupe- EX ...the car is completly stock...... wen i am accelerating.....to about 34-41 mph....almost everytime, the car violently vibrates! It feels like its coming from the wheels so0o i had all my wheels balanced and it did nothing at all...the car actually has intergra old school ls's and the tires are all good and balanced and the tires are i believe 195-60r15s..... but in good condition.... what do u think it could be???? please help!!!!!

thanx
Old 05-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

I would say motor mounts or alignment.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
njblacksol
gangsta pancake

i was thinking alignment too cuz i know with motormounts sometimes it knocks wen u break or something......next week (wen i get payed) ima get it alighned and i hope thas it...what else u think it could be...just those two or......more?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:01 PM
shilil
shilil

if it's not the motormounts or alignment check the cv axles!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
waaBAAH

a bad alignment will not make the car vibrate...it will only wear tires!!!!!! remeber that. there is no way possible that a out of alignment (only that) will make the car shake. if your vehicle is out of alignment...it is just that....it will wear the tires and nothing more.

check for bent rim..slipp belts in tires..bad front end parts....tie-rods, balljoints, cv axles, motor mounts and rack and pinion. my guess would be bent rim or slip belt in tire.

is it more of a wobble? do you feel it in the seat or see it in the steering wheel? any changes if you step on gas? or is this just cruising? if you wnat to know the answer...the answer all the question above.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:15 AM
njblacksol
gangsta pancake

ok well it only happens wen im just accelerating slowly/ regular... wen it happens....if step on da gas more or let go of the gas pedal fully it stops.....i feel it on da pedals....a lil bit on the steering wheel...but it seems to me like the whole car is vibrating....almost like lil fast hops only 34-41 mphs.....it also seems to me that all the tires and rims are good...ima try rotating the tires if u think its a rim or tire buteverything else is in tack imo....but who am i to say that?????? wat do u think it really is???
Old 05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
waaBAAH

i think what you are describing is more of a tps sensor or map sensor gone bad. you say only when you are on the gas a little bit.....and when you floor it ...it seems ok. try searching honda acura for tps sensor or map sensor problmes...and tell me if those guys have the same problem you are describing.....any check engine codes your throwing off?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:27 AM
njblacksol
gangsta pancake

no check engine light....i thought this was suspension
Old 05-04-2006, 04:07 AM
waaBAAH

need more details then.... you described te same thing as to what other bad tps or map sensor people say. the car is jerky....boggiing...shaking....struggling....vibra ting...when you slowly accelate at a certain speed/rpm.
there is nothing in your suspension system (if you will) that will make the car shaky, jerky, vibrating at 35-41 mph. with suspension it would do it all the time not just at a certain speed or rpm.
i take it that you didnt look up any info on tps or map correct?