Notices

passenger side window..

Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 AM
k4rts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger side window..

well, my passenger side window made funny noises when it was down or up at a certain level. it sounded like something was loose. so my uncle tightened down w/e and now its too tight and it struggles to roll up now. what to do..
Old 04-10-2006, 12:24 PM
goon54

um... lube the tracks?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:08 AM
96civichbcx

sorry to ressurect this old thread but I searched. What would you use to lube the tracks?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

Originally Posted by 96civichbcx
sorry to ressurect this old thread but I searched. What would you use to lube the tracks?
Don't use WD-40, I know from experience h:

I'd go with something thicker, I personally use gel lube (forget the brand) that I got at a department store for most things like door hinges, etc. because it seems to stay in place and hold up over time far better than thin, messy crap like wd40.

It does take a while to penetrate compared with thinner products (and may not be able to penetrate some things) but for most applications I prefer it.

Keep in mind I've never really used it on a window (yet) to lube the tracks but I'm sure it would at least work better than wd40.

However, I don't know what adverse affect it might have on the rubber in the channels since it's petroleum based. What isn't, right

The only other thing that comes to mind would be grease, but again I can't speak from experience.

I'm not really sure if those channels are lubed from the factory or not (might just be a coating after they're removed from mold) but if they are I'm assuming it's something silicone based so that might be a safer/more effective way to go.