Notices

Civic Type R Front Lip Install

Old 03-30-2006, 09:20 AM
AvaNick1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Type R Front Lip Install

So I finally bought the type r lip for my 99 civic and I've been looking around on the forum for suggestions on the installation. I've heard that you could just use 2 screws on each side of the lip and some double sided tape but I dont think the tap will be enough. I've also heard that you can just go buy the clips from your Honda dealer that fit onto the bumper. I have even heard that some people are using rivets to make sure its really secure. Can anyone give me some solid info on what to do?????
Old 03-31-2006, 10:01 AM
stas1

Default re

Go to the dealer they should have it..just make shure u mount it good cause thiefs are everywhere..superglue it if u have to..two screws and double sided tape would work but it will take some fagget two minutes to take it off.....
Old 04-01-2006, 10:18 AM
eonsx311
today is not my birthday.

Originally Posted by stas1
Go to the dealer they should have it..just make shure u mount it good cause thiefs are everywhere..superglue it if u have to..two screws and double sided tape would work but it will take some fagget two minutes to take it off.....
i like to use torx hardware. that way they get a big surprise that their variety of allens, flat head, and philips theft tools wont work rendering them powerless against my thoughtful, inexpensive theft deterent.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
thecarguy

However you do it, Please use more than two screws, my friend lost his lip on the freeway that way. I'd recommending using at least six screws/bolts.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by eonsx311
i like to use torx hardware. that way they get a big surprise that their variety of allens, flat head, and philips theft tools wont work rendering them powerless against my thoughtful, inexpensive theft deterent.
you know you can undo torx with allen wrenches right.