Notices

Buying 1994 Civic DX - maybe

Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM
stromer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 1994 Civic DX - maybe

I have the opportunity to buy a 1994 Civic DX -4dr -auto with 128,000 miles for $2000. I drove it for a short test drive and it seemed ok. The next step is to take it to my mechanic for a check. Are there any things that I should be concerned with. I have read the Acura Legend forums and found out that overheating can be a problem for older Legends. Is there anything that stands out about this car that I should be aware of (good or bad). Thank you, Rick
Old 03-25-2006, 12:33 PM
remy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stromer
I have the opportunity to buy a 1994 Civic DX -4dr -auto with 128,000 miles for $2000. I drove it for a short test drive and it seemed ok. The next step is to take it to my mechanic for a check. Are there any things that I should be concerned with. I have read the Acura Legend forums and found out that overheating can be a problem for older Legends. Is there anything that stands out about this car that I should be aware of (good or bad). Thank you, Rick
just make sure that the timing belt was replaced!!!thats a very important thing to do!!!anyways why dont u just look for a car with lower mileage,the opportunity might arise sometimes!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:51 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd steer clear of an automatic, but thats just me. Check the timing belt, water pump, axles/cv boots... just the basic stuff.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:34 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that I can think of. Timing belt and water pump are easy to replace yourself, and costs less than $200. That car should have a lot of mileage left in it. Might want to do a compression test just to get an idea of its maintenance history.