Notices

fogged up

Old 03-13-2006, 01:12 PM
96DX4dr4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fogged up

i got some of those dual halo projectors for my 96 civic but theyre all fogged out. I know i have to put them in the oven or something but were should i seal them up so it doesnt happen again and what should i use to seal them?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:27 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lesson learned: buying projectors or aftermarket crappy headlights usually fog up. Same lesson for corners, sidemarkers, and tails.

Solution: reinstall your stock headlights. You'll never be able to completely fix the fogging on crappy headlights and the hassle trying to isn't worth it.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:21 PM
waaBAAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are two diffrent types of fogging that i am aware of.
if the lens is turning yellowish...looking like scartched plastic then try buffing the lens out., there are some diffreent types of cleaners availiable atutozone or whatnot. if it is on the inside....then your screwed.

the second type is moisture fogging......drill a small hole in the bottom of the light to let moisture get out. moisture is present because the inside temp of the light is a diffrent tempature the the outside of light. drilling a small hole will make the inside and outside temps closer together.