Notices

TURBO EXPERTS I need info

Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 AM
REZNEFFIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO EXPERTS I need info

ok guys after pondering and researching for months and months I think I am gonna go low boost. So here are few questions for all the turbo experts on this forum? I got a OBD1 b18c1 in my civic 4 door. I wanna go low boost say about 5-7 psi. so here is the question what type of turbo should I get. Will the stock DSM turbo work on my since they are pretty small and they will probably put out a small amount of boost and spool up pretty quick. Second I dont think I can buy a prefab kit since I got a different motor in my civic. so i will have to have the pipes made. What do you guys think about that? Am i right or not? Third as far as reliability (Im talkin about driving 80 miles a day) will it be okay after getting it tuned with hondata or crome? all suggestions welcome along with accurate info. Thanks guys.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slap a Greddy kit on it and be done.

The kit comes with e-manage which isn't as in-depth as hondata, neptune, uberdata, crome, but it will be fine for your application.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You finally decided to go to the dark side. Congrats. IM me when you can.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:17 AM
REZNEFFIX

Default dark side

yes I have decided to join the dark side. But I am no jedi yet. But I shall join the Jedi school of academy of Schmoo lol. either way turbo is much more interesting than all motor. I was just thinkin that route but shit its shitty when u ride in a stage 3 cammed out 4 banger. it idles crappy.