Notices

Bolt problem

Old 03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Nicaraguense13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt problem

Ok i was taking out my tranny from the manual that is posted up in honda-acura.com from Westcoast and well the bolt that is holding the tranny to the motor on top of the axel from the driver side is not budging we use ratchets, impact wrenches (air and cordless) and also torch around the bolt to expand the block and well it did not budge please need suggestions quick need the car running by 2marrow thank u
Old 03-02-2006, 12:52 AM
NOSkweezePSI

Well if you cant get it out and you are totally desperate, you could always cut the head of the bolt off with some sort of closed coat grinder. Missing one bolt wouldn't be the end of the world. By any chance did you try to tighten it up first then try to back it out normally. It could be just binding up somehow. Just a thought.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:08 AM
crzy000

use a breaker bar...it always work
Old 03-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Nicaraguense13

yea we tried it not working but if i do cut the head off u think when it come off with the tranny i dont need to tap and die it out u think i could take it out with vise grips
Old 03-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Nicaraguense13

cuz if i can i can get ahold of the same exact bolt at a near by junkyard
Old 03-03-2006, 02:19 AM
NOSkweezePSI

Well if this were my ride, I would remove the tranny and then try to use vice grips to remove the bolt. If that was unsuccessful then I would trim the stud flush to the block and use an easy out. If that wont do the trick then I would just be super careful and drill it out. Seriously be super careful because that block will be so much softer than that bolt. I get that out then I would run a tap through to clean up the threads. Worst case scenario I might just say screw it and go on without that one bolt. I dont think that 1 single bolt would be the end of the world and you should be able to get around just fine. There should be several more holding that tranny together so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.