a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I sold my hatch???

Thinking of selling my 97 cx hatch.
Mods
Power window swap
New black carpet
Black Integra interior (just parts that fit swapped)
full Dynamat
black paint job less than 1 month ago
jdm b18b (obd2) less than 300 miles installed (all necessary changed t-belt, water pump...etc etc etc)
jdm gsr trans less than 300 miles installed
phearable.net p06 chipped ecu
Skunk2 jumper
skunk 2 front strut bar
gsr leather rear seats
bride replica front seats
skunk 2 short shift
AEM SRI
5 Zigen catback
NO CAT...
now im thinking of selling and i know my car in PA is Illegal and wont pass emissions at all. All you need is to slap that obd2 ECU I have and a cat and be good, but I didnt feel like hacking the 5zigen to make room for a cat. Now If I sold this in a state that needs emissions inspection would i get in trouble, or if i wrote as is, knowing it wont pass emissions would i be ok?

Im thinking of getting a used type-s and need to know if i could sell this legally in PA, NY, NJ or if I would need to sell it in another state where there is no emissions.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:10 PM
95LSv
Banded

Same thing here in cali. You can sell it like that and you won't get in trouble as long as the buyer knows that it won't pass emissions. If you don't tell them about it, they might ask for their money back, and if u don't give it, theyll probably take you to court. But as long as you tell the buyer that it won't pass, even if he buys the car, you can't get in trouble.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:19 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

alright thanks, i guess if i end up selling ill get it emissioned and inspected (its expemt since under 5k before last inspection) so they have a full year in PA to get it inspected. And just get it writen in the bill of sale that it will not pass emission inspection in this condition.