Notices

1998 Civic bumper and headlight replacement

Old 02-21-2006, 06:19 AM
nathaniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Civic bumper and headlight replacement

Hi,

I was in a minor accident this weekend and cracked my front bumper and right blinker. I called a local body shop and they estimated $700 to replace. Now I don't know a damn thing about cars but there's no way I can pay that, so I need to figure out how to fix this myself. The car is in otherwise mint condition and I want to keep it mint and stock for potential resale.

The car is a black (the Honda paint name is 'Black Pearl') 1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan.

Here's what I think I should get:

I am a complete newbie, but replacing these things doesn't seem to be too hard. Am I wrong? Should I get a service manual? Do I need special tools? The hardest part to me will be painting the front bumper in the original Black Pearl color. Do you have any ideas on where or how I can get that done cheaply and professionally?

Your help is most supremely apprecaited.

Nate
Old 02-21-2006, 08:03 AM
97lCivic

Their is a DIY here somewhere that tells you how to remove 6th gen bumper. Its just a few screws and clips and thats the same for the headlight. Very easy. You will need a socket wrench i believe.

You can either bring your bumper into Macco or sand and paint it yourself.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:15 PM
onesweetcivic

this is very simple there are 5 large screws on the top of your bumper underhood one bolt on either side in finderwell atedge of bumper and i think two 10-12 mm bolts under the car toward thecenter of car that should have taken your bumper cover off the headlight im not sure about ihad an accident in my 95 civic ex i replaced all the parts myself was quoted 1200 by honda replaced the driver headlight finder cornerlense and bumper cover i hope this helps did it for 225 completed