Notices

Question About A Turbo Xs Kit????

Old 01-26-2006, 11:47 PM
taliano23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About A Turbo Xs Kit????

Hey, does anyone know or have dealt with a turbo XS kit. Do they perform well, are they reliable? Any info. would help me alot.

thanks.

taliano23
Old 01-27-2006, 12:26 AM
waaBAAH

i just bought one....i will let you guys know. supposedly it is the "second" version with double tig welds and better bracket support. i just got it in the mail. looks is ok.....weld boogers and stuff. a lot of people will tell you to go buy a better one. but if it breaks...it shoudlnt damge anything except for an exhaust leak.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:06 AM
97civicEXVTEC

turbo xs blows from what i have heard.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:25 AM
waaBAAH

wow...that is really frickin informative. i believe he is looking for "real" answers. everyone has heard that they suck balls......but do they really? and why??? it is kind of like a mythbusters thing....do you still believe that if you swallow gum that it stays in your stomach for seven years? should you talk on your cell phone while gassing up your car? sure...everyone has "heard"
stuff.......i think that xs manifolds are totally cool and worth the money......NOW PROVE ME WRONG!!!!! (jk...i heard they blow too....but hell....i got one being installed shortly but still....PROVE ME WRONG!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
97civicEXVTEC

Originally Posted by waaBAAH
wow...that is really frickin informative. i believe he is looking for "real" answers. everyone has heard that they suck balls......but do they really? and why??? it is kind of like a mythbusters thing....do you still believe that if you swallow gum that it stays in your stomach for seven years? should you talk on your cell phone while gassing up your car? sure...everyone has "heard"
stuff.......i think that xs manifolds are totally cool and worth the money......NOW PROVE ME WRONG!!!!! (jk...i heard they blow too....but hell....i got one being installed shortly but still....PROVE ME WRONG!!!
i simply said i heard they blow. if there so great then why are they so cheap and sold on ebay?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:24 PM
swissarmyca

Aren't they ssautochrome rebranded?

Their turbo header looks ssautochromish to me.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:48 PM
fathergoat
:3

turbo xs and ssautocrome are the same. I have one of the kits for my D16Z6. I should be finished in a couple weeks when I get the cash to get a downpipe. My first impressions. The welds on the manifold look like ass but are plenty thick enough they should hold up fine. The turbo it's self looks brand new, no shaft play either. The machine work on the wastegate looks pretty good. We won't really know how good the stuff I got is until a year from now. It seems most complaints are about welds on the mani cracking. Most of the other stuff I found on the web is 2nd/3rd hand "knowledge" like "my uncle read about this guy whos car blew up" ect. The reason I decided to take a chance on them is I bought my civic as a toy. It's just something to fuck with to keep me from playing with myself. I've already learned and had enough fun to be worth what I paid for it. If I brake it I will be disappointed but I have another vehicle for trasportation.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:18 PM
waaBAAH

Originally Posted by 97civicEXVTEC
i simply said i heard they blow. if there so great then why are they so cheap and sold on ebay?
they are so cheap because they are cheaply made. maybe they dont have the "50,000 a year welder.....buy more in bulk......etc.... when it comes down to it....a manifold is just a manifiold. yes mine does have some weld boogers and isnt "perfect". but it shines...and looks ok. it is a tubular design so that limits the welds that could potentially break. i cant bend it by hand....and everything is double tig welded. inside and out. so it is not made out of plastic or anything. it still is made out of metal..which is held by welds. every manifiold is like that.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

You get what you pay for. That pretty much covers it.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:24 PM
waaBAAH

Originally Posted by 97civicEXVTEC
i nver said that they are so great. i was being sarcastic. i want proof that they suck. afterall...it is just a manifold. any info would be great on thi subject since i know a lot of people who look for kits....wonder about this...any dyno runs anywhere? any problems?