Notices

Blinking SRS and CEL

Old 01-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Flatland2D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinking SRS and CEL

I tried searching and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. My CEL came on when I was driving around with my dachshund standing on my shoulder with her front legs and her rear legs on the stealth box in the back of my Del Sol. She gets in all kinds of weird places. Anyway she started sliding down and pulled my seatbelt down with her. CEL came on when she did that. I immdiately pulled over to see what the error code was and the CEL flashes slowly (no distinct number, just on/off) and the SRS light flashes a little faster. I'm guessing this is an SRS system error? The CEL sometimes comes on right when I start up now, and sometimes a couple minutes after driving. I jumped the plug again just to make sure and it does the same thing. Can I reset the SRS system somehow? It bothers me driving around with the CEL on even though I know it's nothing bad. I could throw a code for something else and not realize it's there. What's wrong that's making the CEL always light up?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:02 AM
kidd_honda

try to unplug the battery and wait until 2 min. then plug it back in and see if it will reset. if the problem comes back then search for how to read CEL codes.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:39 AM
hhh711

Default paper clip

you can reset the srs system by using a paper clip, I did it. google it, for the cel, i dont havea code puller, but you can deffinitly take out the back up battery form your fuse box for about 15 seconds to rest it.