Notices

questions on lowering springs and koni yellows

Old 01-10-2006, 04:03 PM
honda_civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions on lowering springs and koni yellows

i have a few questions about lowering my 1994 civic.

1. the first thing is that how can i tell the diffrnce from the right and left shocks for koni yellows does it have something wriiten on them becasue mine dont seem to maybe the sticker peeled off but ill check again tmr.

2. do koni yellows have a max setting for softness or does the knob at the top keep going round?

3. also when using 40mm lowering springs on standard shocks do u need to cut the bump stop if so how much and is it cut from top or bottom?

thanks any help much appreciated.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:36 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by honda_civic
i have a few questions about lowering my 1994 civic.

1. the first thing is that how can i tell the diffrnce from the right and left shocks for koni yellows does it have something wriiten on them becasue mine dont seem to maybe the sticker peeled off but ill check again tmr.

2. do koni yellows have a max setting for softness or does the knob at the top keep going round?

3. also when using 40mm lowering springs on standard shocks do u need to cut the bump stop if so how much and is it cut from top or bottom?

thanks any help much appreciated.
1. yes there is a right and left.
2. you should turn the knob til it stops. It should be a total of 2 turns from full soft to full stiff
3. yes you need to cut the bump stops.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:07 AM
honda_civic

Default honda civic koni yellows

hi how can i tell the diffrence between left and right rear shocks and also how much off the bump stop do i need to cut when lowering 40 mm on standard shocks. and is this from the bottom of the bump stop or top of it.