Notices

bought a 92 SI hatch. worth the money??

Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 AM
TD or Not TD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought a 92 SI hatch. worth the money??

I recently purchased a 92 civic SI hatch, im not sure if it was worth the money i paid but ill fill you all in and would like to get some feedback.

The car looks like it has been painted, the original blue(with a slight purplish tint) but the rear quarters are pretty bad, not unfixable but cant say its not bad. the car has some scrapes in the paint and such, it needs new brake pads all the way around, other than that everything works, power moon roof, it has power mirrors but both mirrors are broken(ones missing completely, and the other the mirror popped out but is still there) the windshield has a crack down it and the exhaust is broken near the bottom of the manifold. it hasnt been modified what so ever and seems to run really good, i drove it home 110 miles without any problems. it has no A/C just power moon roof and power mirrors, power steering, rear wiper, 14'' steelies, it also has cruise. car has 160,000 miles! i paid $600 for the car and had the hassle of my friend behind me being followed by a VT state police for about 15miles going up big hills with an extremely loud exhaust and %100 illegal car. ill post pics soon.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:13 AM
marinecorps

Default were do you live?

Originally Posted by TD or Not TD
I recently purchased a 92 civic SI hatch, im not sure if it was worth the money i paid but ill fill you all in and would like to get some feedback.

The car looks like it has been painted, the original blue(with a slight purplish tint) but the rear quarters are pretty bad, not unfixable but cant say its not bad. the car has some scrapes in the paint and such, it needs new brake pads all the way around, other than that everything works, power moon roof, it has power mirrors but both mirrors are broken(ones missing completely, and the other the mirror popped out but is still there) the windshield has a crack down it and the exhaust is broken near the bottom of the manifold. it hasnt been modified what so ever and seems to run really good, i drove it home 110 miles without any problems. it has no A/C just power moon roof and power mirrors, power steering, rear wiper, 14'' steelies, it also has cruise. car has 160,000 miles! i paid $600 for the car and had the hassle of my friend behind me being followed by a VT state police for about 15miles going up big hills with an extremely loud exhaust and %100 illegal car. ill post pics soon.
I got a 93 SI that I' selling the seats front and rear in excellent condition and spoiler. Let me know if your interested. I'm in MA
Old 12-29-2005, 09:39 AM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

for 600 dollars it doesnt sound half bad
Old 12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
bambbrose

rust is rust though. If I wanted a beater I'd pay 600 for an SI, but I wouldn't buy a rusted car simply because there is a ton more rust that you can't see yet
Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

I love the SI hatch. I'm praying for the day when I can find one for $600. As soon as it got into the driveway I'd start the strip down on it.

What are your plans for it?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Yea 600 bucks is a great deal. With some ebay browsing and a couple hundred bucks, you can fix all the issues you mentioned, except flaws in the paint. Good luck with it
Old 12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
TD or Not TD

Originally Posted by jeterkm02
for 600 dollars it doesnt sound half bad
the color of the car is exactly like your avatar.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:39 PM
TD or Not TD

i would like to restore the car a bit. it has very clean interior and it runs perfect. but i probably wouldnt be able to resist putting aftermarket parts on it but keep the apearance stock. thats what id like.