Notices

96 Civic EX coupe - driver side window - need help!!

Old 12-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Wolfens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Civic EX coupe - driver side window - need help!!

Very cold out and I was rolling up the window and it gets jammed about halfway up. I discovered that a piece of rubber near the mirror somehow got wedged on the wrong side of the window.

Does anyone know how to remove the inside door panel so that I can get in and place the window back in its track?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Ctrld-Kaos
i need a wrench wench

more than likely its the window regulator and the run channel.. happened recently to my 98 hatch. if you take it to the honda dealer they will rip u a new one for 300 bones. if u take it to an autoglass shop it will probably be much cheaper. and if ur really on a budget go to the yard and pick up the parts from a junker.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:19 AM
Wolfens

I can still move the window up halfway and back down again...Its not totally stuck.

I really just want information as to how I can open up the inside panel so I can get a look at it to see if I can fix it or if anything is broken.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Ctrld-Kaos
i need a wrench wench

Originally Posted by Wolfens
I can still move the window up halfway and back down again...Its not totally stuck.
I was able to roll it up halfway as well.. just up to where the mirror was and then it wouldnt be in the run channel anymore. you maaaayy be able to re-use the run channel, but i doubt it. As far as getting into the pannel u just have to take off the handle and pull out the pop rivits. you can consult your haynes or other manual for the "correct" procedure.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:25 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://repo.jackmoves.com/album206
instructions for a power window install but it will show you how to take the panels off.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:02 PM
flaxion10

Ya same thing happened to mine. Fixed it though with some putting washers by where the track bolts up to the door frame.