Notices

twin cam head on single cam block

Old 11-30-2005, 04:49 PM
revjunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin cam head on single cam block

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the thread and I have a question. I have a 92 Civic with a single cam VTEC. It just blew the head gasket recently. So I was wondering, since I have to remove the head anyways, would it be possible to swap the single cam head for the twin cam one from the same year/generation? Do I need a twin cam computer? Any other changes? Much appreciated

Praveen
Old 11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
PDiggityDogg
Meanwhile, up in The D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, you cant do that
Old 11-30-2005, 05:51 PM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

you can buy a zc head but that is kind of pointless and more trouble than its worth for what little gain it will get if any at all.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I have seen it done, but it was a mess. The coolant holes don't line up correctly and this guy had a mess of coolant leaking from in between the block and the head. If you want a DOHC powerplant, you need to buy the whole thing.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:33 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

if ur talking about the guy from honda tech, i guess he got it working good. he had a faulty head gasket on there at first.
its possible but not recommended. i would personally like to see more of them. potential of a dohc, cheapness of a sohc. if my bare block doesnt sell, im gonn try it on my budget build on the side for my brothers and my mini porjest car
Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 PM
revjunkie

Default supercharging query

Hey there,

Thanks for your responses, I suspected as much. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. So, I was looking into supercharging the motor, essentially looking at Jackson Racing's kit; don't know of any other company that offers a kit for my car. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it worth it? Can I get to that magical 200 hp mark (at the crank)?

Anyone familiar with VATN aerochargers?

Thanks
Praveen
Old 11-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Civic2Scooby

stop posting the same question in multiple forums
Old 11-30-2005, 11:51 PM
CaliDELSOL93si

Originally Posted by revjunkie
Hey there,

Thanks for your responses, I suspected as much. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. So, I was looking into supercharging the motor, essentially looking at Jackson Racing's kit; don't know of any other company that offers a kit for my car. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it worth it? Can I get to that magical 200 hp mark (at the crank)?

Anyone familiar with VATN aerochargers?

Thanks
Praveen

is it possible ? maybe with a 20lb. pulley h: .... for the price of a JRSC kit, you can build that SOHC and put together a DIY custom turbo kit. $3000 gets you the mild build, all turbo components, and tuning by bubba himself.