Notices

air filer cleaner

Old 11-26-2005, 02:56 PM
honda_civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air filer cleaner

ive got an 1994 civic eg6 ive installed an cold air induction kit with the filter at the bottom. how can i clean the air filter. what things will i need to clean it. also were is the IACV valve on my car please. thanks
Old 11-26-2005, 03:00 PM
lilriceburner
>94' Civic Si Coupe

just get a hose and hose the filter down. or go to a local auto parts place and ask someone what kind of cleaner u can use...personally i just hosed the crap outta my filter. the IACV is located right at the tip of ur throttle body right there the intake plugs in on the top.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
pissdoffB
Little Miss Dee

k&n recharge kit found at any parts store directions included
Old 11-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

Originally Posted by lilriceburner
just get a hose and hose the filter down. or go to a local auto parts place and ask someone what kind of cleaner u can use...personally i just hosed the crap outta my filter. the IACV is located right at the tip of ur throttle body right there the intake plugs in on the top.

He just showed you where the map Sensor is!! NOT THE IAC VALVE!!! The IAC VALVE that you asked about is the little cylindrical shaped item bolted on the intake manifold and in front of the fire wall. It's down and behind the part he showed you. The manual I have doesn't say anything about cleaning it so I can't help you there. There is a lot of info on this in the Helms manual though. Look in the sticky for resources for that.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:18 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

the IACV is located behind the intake manifold. there are usually coolant lines running to it.

the one pictured above is NOT the IACV.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:32 AM
honda_civic

my throttle body looks diffrent to this my car is a 1.5 lsi EG6. it has a black box which connects to the air feed and not a metal cylinder thing, why is this and how can i clean it. thanks80_12_sb.jpg