Notices

95 civic idling up and down?

Old 12-01-2005, 07:33 PM
mrherrera

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, i got the idling to stop . I use a throttle body cleaner and i adjust the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve), It would do it when i start the car and when i was driving,it was idling all the time,this idling was driving me :crazyr: crazy,i just hated it when i was :driving: driving.But thanks to all,:goodjob: i found the problem.:hi5: I just hope it doen't comeback.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

This can also be caused by a bad throttle body gasket. Just so you guys know it's a fairly common problem when I do swaps with junk yard engines that have been exposed to the elements.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:13 PM
mrherrera

This morning the civic started idling again,and now the CEL is on,how can i check for the code?if i fix it i will post what the problem was.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Replace the IAC valve.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Wharbone

Things you should do:

Test your FITV. To do this:
1. Remove your intake pipe from your throttle body.
2. Start your car.
3. Cover the small hole in your throttle body. It should have suction. If not, replace your FITV.
4. Let your car warm up to opperating temp. Let your fan kick on at least two times.
5. Cover the small hole in your throttle body again. Now it should not have any suction. If it does, replace your FITV. This part is about $50

Check for vacuum leaks. This picture shows the vacuum line you should check. Check by spraying them with soapy water, and look for bubbles. Also spray the throttle body to see if the gasket is leaking.

Clean your IACV (same thing as EACV, IAC) with carb or brake cleaner. You may also need to replace this. I'm not quite sure how to check it. One way I think you can check it is disconnect the 2P connector to it while the car is idleing. The RPM's should drop quite a bit. It is a semi-expensive part (about $130).

Replace your PCV valve. It's only a couple of bucks from your local auto parts store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
vaclinesd15b7.jpg (113.5 KB, 201 views)
Old 12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

in most cases, you wont need to replace the FITV...you just need to screw the plunger that backed out back into place.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
mrherrera

Today i took the intake pipe out of the throttle body and it did have suction,i left the car on for about 10 minutes and then again i cover the small hole inside the throttle body and it had suction but as soon as i cover it with my finger the engine stop idling,so i got some pieces of masking tape to cover the hole,i dont know if this is gonna cause any problems,but the car is not idling.I think i have to replace the exaust manifold gasket,i hear a loud noise when i accelate,maybe this is causing the problem.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Which hole?

It sounds like your FITV that backed out. Do a search for my post on how to resolve that. I highly suggest you dont use masking tape. It will get sucked into your engine.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:45 PM
mrherrera

i did what WHARBONE suggested,and asiandoood you are right, i took the tape off.