Notices

Tail Light Fillers?

Old 11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Light Fillers?

hey guys.. i know not many of u are into this type of stuff.. but do any of u know where i might find some tail light fillers for the center 2 portions of the 92-95 civic tail lights.. i want to eliminate mine & just leave the outer ones but i didn't wanna make them by hand if i didn't have to.. i'm looking for the peices that i can just weld in & do the finish work.

any info would be appreciated.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:12 AM
Wharbone

You can get CF trunks that would eliminate them http://www.fiberimages.com/images/pr..._hn_cvc_tk.jpg. Unfortunately they also eliminate the lisense plate so you would have to re-locate it. You could also paint them the same color as your car.

I've never seen a kit like what you are talking about. You could probably just weld in your own pieces (the same way people shave their side moldings).
Old 11-22-2005, 06:17 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Wharbone
You can get CF trunks that would eliminate them http://www.fiberimages.com/images/pr..._hn_cvc_tk.jpg. Unfortunately they also eliminate the lisense plate so you would have to re-locate it. You could also paint them the same color as your car.

I've never seen a kit like what you are talking about. You could probably just weld in your own pieces (the same way people shave their side moldings).
thats exactly the look i'm trying to accomplish.. only i didn't really wanna spend the money on a carbon fiber trunk lid.. i was more or less looking for the peices that were pre-fab'ed so i could just weld 'em in with ease & not have to generate my own!

good info tho.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:17 AM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by Running925
thats exactly the look i'm trying to accomplish.. only i didn't really wanna spend the money on a carbon fiber trunk lid.. i was more or less looking for the peices that were pre-fab'ed so i could just weld 'em in with ease & not have to generate my own!

good info tho.
I always thought if you took your car to a body/paint shop, they could just fill it in for you. That's how i thought they did...then again, im not into that stuff so it doesnt really matter to me. Try checking that out though.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by 1995Civic
I always thought if you took your car to a body/paint shop, they could just fill it in for you. That's how i thought they did...then again, im not into that stuff so it doesnt really matter to me. Try checking that out though.
don't feel like paying shitloads of money for someone to do the same work that i could do.. & naa they don't just fill it.. they make metal inserts / weld 'em in / then use body filler to make sure it's all smoothed out & get the shape that you want from it.

i'm just looking purchase the metal inserts.. that are already made.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

don't feel like paying shitloads of money for someone to do the same work that i could do.. & naa they don't just fill it.. they make metal inserts / weld 'em in / then use body filler to make sure it's all smoothed out & get the shape that you want from it.

Oh ok...sorry. I dont know much about body work. Sorry for the "useless" post.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Civic2Scooby

it would take litterally like half hour to an hour to make those tony mang.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:24 PM
onegreedy

i would suggest searching on the web for body filler pannels as for off the shelf parts that would not be one becuse they would require welding , probly 90% of the people on here do not weld along with the rest of the han people
so the only one to possibly know where to get sonething like this would in fact be a body shop,

****go to your local machine shop and ask him how much to cut out some inserts to fill in the holes in your trunk, probly like 15-50 bucks this time of year since they are pretty slow now then you could weld them in and do the finishing body work on it
Old 11-22-2005, 12:26 PM
onegreedy

oops double post
Old 11-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by onegreedy
i would suggest searching on the web for body filler pannels as for off the shelf parts that would not be one becuse they would require welding , probly 90% of the people on here do not weld along with the rest of the han people
so the only one to possibly know where to get sonething like this would in fact be a body shop,

****go to your local machine shop and ask him how much to cut out some inserts to fill in the holes in your trunk, probly like 15-50 bucks this time of year since they are pretty slow now then you could weld them in and do the finishing body work on it
i already said that i have no problem welding them in it's no big deal... I don't wanna pay my machine shop rates (50 per hour) for how ever long it takes them.. I have already stated this.. stop posting this crap.. i said what i want.. i said that i'm willing to weld.. if u found something lemme know.. if not stop wasting your time telling me shit i already know.. I did search the web ( didn't find any) Thus the reason i posted it!

Example of what i want.. (only for my car!)
http://fbimini.com/shopping_departme...rdsPerPage=200