Notices

I have a 98 civic ex w/ 99gsr swap, springs

Old 11-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30 additional lbs in your engine bay should not make a noticable difference!

i'm running:

Tokico 5 way adjustables
Skunk2 Coil-overs

i love the suspeension setup.. works great for both track & street use & it's completely customizable to your liking. You can adjust the ride how u like it
Old 12-17-2005, 04:46 PM
inkedaura

Thank you very much..next time you reply to someone please know what you are talking about... after reading these comments I spent about $400.00 and got shocks and neuspeed springs and hell I even had a mechanic install em...now after $500+ spent I have the problem I was hoping to avoid, my car is scraping the road when I turn or even go over mild bumps. This is why I turned to this forum to get the advice of people that know what they are talking about. next time you think you can help someone but dont actually know what the fuck you are talking about just keep your mouth shut!

Originally Posted by Running925
30 additional lbs in your engine bay should not make a noticable difference!

i'm running:

Tokico 5 way adjustables
Skunk2 Coil-overs

i love the suspeension setup.. works great for both track & street use & it's completely customizable to your liking. You can adjust the ride how u like it
Old 12-17-2005, 04:48 PM
inkedaura

so now that I'm fucked is there any way I can raise my car about an inch or so in the front with out changing the springs out???????
Old 12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by inkedaura
Thank you very much..next time you reply to someone please know what you are talking about... after reading these comments I spent about $400.00 and got shocks and neuspeed springs and hell I even had a mechanic install em...now after $500+ spent I have the problem I was hoping to avoid, my car is scraping the road when I turn or even go over mild bumps. This is why I turned to this forum to get the advice of people that know what they are talking about. next time you think you can help someone but dont actually know what the fuck you are talking about just keep your mouth shut!
Grow up and get a life....I was reading through this post and was going to tell you to figure out the problem before you spend the money on new suspension..
So you hear a noise SELF DIAGNOSE the problem, ask people here what kind of suspension people recomend (which they did)...Your the one that cant diagnose shit and have to pay a mechanic to install your suspension (on a scale of 1-10 thats about a 1.5)......
I'm glad I have some common sense...

Running925, knew what he was talking about, your the one that doesn't have a clue.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:08 PM
b16ahybrid

so now that I'm fucked is there any way I can raise my car about an inch or so in the front with out changing the springs out???????

I take it you didn't get adjustable springs?

I had neuspeed race springs in my last car, going from a d15 to a b16 only caused the front to drop about 1/8th of an inch from the extra weight...

I guess it's time you learn a little about cars before you do something stuipid again...Nowhere in your post did I see any mention of how much ground clearance you wanted.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

hey idiot, i suggested a coil-over!! NOT a non-adjustable spring. your the idiot that doesn't know the difference & your the idiot that can't even install the shit your self wned:
Old 12-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Hon

lol. i think im going to have to agree with running925 and b16ahybrid. this forum isnt an answer forum, its a guideline forum. you asked the quiestion. it was answered, in a variety of ways and options. the fact that you chose the path you chose was nobodies fault but your own. AGAIN, what is presented to you is a guide line, and suggestions. nobody here was purposely plotting against you to fuck up your ride... SHOP, DONT DROP. you cant rely only on this forum when it comes to buying something as expensive/important as a suspension setup. you didnt shop around enough (learn), you dropped right away (dropped the cash down and baught on a hunch). i feel for you man, i really do. but just let it be a lesson to you i guess. its unfortunate you had to learn it the hard way...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
inkedaura

listen asshat I installed the drivers side but the passaenger side hub bolt needed a torque wrench, hense taking it to a garage....and no I would have gooten the integre gsr springs if I wasnt told that 30 ponds wouldnt make a diffrence....so what I'm saying is dont talk like you know what your talking about if you dont.

Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
Grow up and get a life....I was reading through this post and was going to tell you to figure out the problem before you spend the money on new suspension..
So you hear a noise SELF DIAGNOSE the problem, ask people here what kind of suspension people recomend (which they did)...Your the one that cant diagnose shit and have to pay a mechanic to install your suspension (on a scale of 1-10 thats about a 1.5)......
I'm glad I have some common sense...

Running925, knew what he was talking about, your the one that doesn't have a clue.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:50 AM
inkedaura

idiot..ha..I installed the original coil over set on the car and not to mention my whole motorswap..

Originally Posted by Running925
hey idiot, i suggested a coil-over!! NOT a non-adjustable spring. your the idiot that doesn't know the difference & your the idiot that can't even install the shit your self wned:
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
97civicEXVTEC

what kind of suspension do you recomend?
this is what you asked and it was answered. you didnt ask how to get rid of your problem. you didnt even state you really had a problem except that you may have broken your cheap shit ebay coilovers. and how do you know its not something you screwed up installing the coilovers the first time thats making the noise? running925 suggested coilovers not springs so you can stop bitching people for giving you correct answers to your question. fag