Notices

GSR In EG

Old 11-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qtiger
I think you would have to swap dizzy if you were using an obd1 engine harness.
yes, I ment if he used his CX (obd-1) harness that he would have to re-wire/get an obd1 dizzy.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
b18c1_hatch

well its throwin some codes i got the exhaust hook up so it runs good. i have OBD 1 civic injectors and i switched them out for some LS injectors which i believe ar 230cc so they work much better. i have a exhaust manifold leak other then that. redline is around 6500 which isent right. but im sure will fix it. but i no for a fact that its throwing alot of codes. I hate wiring so dont deal with it. but my buddy knows alot.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
back pressure is never good...it is a perpetuated myth...not having back pressure is a good thing.
that is false information... go outside and take your exhuast off at the Catalytic converter. see how good it runs.
Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
stock d15 and GSR injectors are the same CC if I recall correctly, I could be wrong.
that is also false. but at least you admit that it could be wrong:
d15 = 190cc
b18 = 230cc
Originally Posted by b18c1_hatch
well its throwin some codes i got the exhaust hook up so it runs good. i have OBD 1 civic injectors and i switched them out for some LS injectors which i believe ar 230cc so they work much better. i have a exhaust manifold leak other then that. redline is around 6500 which isent right. but im sure will fix it. but i no for a fact that its throwing alot of codes. I hate wiring so dont deal with it. but my buddy knows alot.
i'd be willing to bet that your obd-2 ecu isnt allowing you to run correctly. this is because your engine harness is obd1. so there is no way that you can have all of the sensors obd2 uses hooked up. i would try to get an obd-1 ecu from http://www.phearable.net/ecutuning.html. or you can try to find one somewhere on the forums. also, i found ecu pinouts of both ecu's. http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/info.html
Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

Originally Posted by g2_teg_na
that is false information... go outside and take your exhuast off at the Catalytic converter. see how good it runs.
actually u are wrong backpressure is always bad, low exhaust velocity is bad also
Old 11-14-2005, 09:08 PM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

Originally Posted by hector200
actually u are wrong backpressure is always bad, low exhaust velocity is bad also
i dont believe that. i may be wrong, but untill i see somethin that proves it to me, i dont believe it at all. what is meant by low exhaust velocity? that wouldnt happen from taking the exhuast pipe off.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Civic2Scooby

i dont believe that. i may be wrong, but untill i see somethin that proves it to me, i dont believe it at all. what is meant by low exhaust velocity? that wouldnt happen from taking the exhuast pipe off.
ok....back pressure and exhaust velocity are two different things...and exhaust pipe diameter has alot to do with it. Back pressure no matter what is never good on a motor. Saying take off your cat at the header doesnt prove anything, it doesn only eliminate back pressure, but also totally fucks the entire exhuast flow dynamic which helps "pull" the exhaust gases away.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:23 PM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

i think the word "backpressure" is commonly misused then. confused me. i guess i get it now. i'll figure it out one day.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:58 AM
qtiger

Uhh... unless you have a close coupled cat your car will run fine. Obnoxiously loud, but fine.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:01 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by qtiger
Uhh... unless you have a close coupled cat your car will run fine. Obnoxiously loud, but fine.
shouldnt run it like that for long though besides for the fact bout emissions and all that... my coupe that i ran without an exhaust for 3 months didnt turn out too good with the burnt valves from all the back firing
Old 11-15-2005, 10:05 AM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

btw, usdm b18c1 has 10:1 compression. the other day, JP (b18c1_hatch) and i were discussing this, and we werent actually sure. post up what happens after the ECU swap...