Notices

dash rattle

Old 11-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Wharbone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Omniscient
My whole car rattles. But that can be attributed to my sound system. mm a small list would be my left and right door panels, the whole dash assembly, rear deck, rear deck light, the spot where the seat belts come out, and the lock for the rear seats.
My door panels also rattled several years ago. I just put foam on the metal parts that touched the door panel. No more rattles for me. Easy to do.

Don't know about the other parts.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:05 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by Wharbone
My door panels also rattled several years ago. I just put foam on the metal parts that touched the door panel. No more rattles for me. Easy to do.

Don't know about the other parts.
Damn I wish I could stop the dash rattle as easy as that. Its driving me and my girlfriend insane everytime I take my car.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:20 AM
Wharbone

Originally Posted by 1995Civic
Damn I wish I could stop the dash rattle as easy as that. Its driving me and my girlfriend insane everytime I take my car.
Can you pinpoint the exact location of the rattle? Just apply pressure to various parts of the dash until you find where it is, then either cover the area inbetween with foam or wedge something in there.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:53 AM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by Wharbone
Can you pinpoint the exact location of the rattle? Just apply pressure to various parts of the dash until you find where it is, then either cover the area inbetween with foam or wedge something in there.
I want to say that its to the right of the ashtray, just diagonal to the glovebox. While i drive, I would try to hold down pressure to figure it out, and I believe thats where its coming from. Hopefully you understand what piece im talking about.