Notices

Srr Rear Lca Hitting Shock Mount

Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 AM
wytiak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. When I first got the SRR RLCA, I lined up the stocker with it and the bolt holes matched except for the sway bar endlink holes. I also haven't put back the sway bar coz the poly bushings are backorder.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:44 AM
wytiak

I think I will go back to the original RLCA's. (somebody stop me LOL!)

I had the original RLCA bushings pressed out at a local parts store and holy molly, they charged me $40 bucks. They said it was really tough. They have to torch some of it. Oh well, 2 bolts for the abs sensor line were broken also so they extracted them out too.

I ordered some prothane poly bushings for it and for the shock mounts at Phils. Inc. They said that they will charge me $20 to get the poly's pressed in.

I wished I just bought my own press. I found one locally at Tools + More for $99 bucks LOL.

I will arrange to return the SRR back. I hope it'll be okay. Theres too much hazzle installing some aftermarket parts sometimes. I live and learn.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

its due to ur stock shocks. my koni shocks doesnt come close to hittin it.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:33 AM
wytiak

If I knew that beforehand, I could have saved a lot of time and effort...

Now the venting...SRR should have a warning about that, but there were no disclaimer, instructions or anything in the packaging, nor in the internet, at all. Oh well, this thing is definitely going back. I've made arrangements. The vendor agreed but with a 10% restocking fee. You can't win sometimes.

Oh, and the poly bushings for the oem lca's does not need to be pressed-in by a machine.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

Originally Posted by wytiak

Now the venting...SRR should have a warning about that, but there were no disclaimer, instructions or anything in the packaging, nor in the internet, at all. Oh well, this thing is definitely going back. I've made arrangements. The vendor agreed but with a 10% restocking fee. You can't win sometimes.

Those bastards.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

they probably figured, since ppl want aftermarket lcas, they are running aftermarket suspension setups as well. cant win em all. and yeah on the poly bushings, hardest part is gettin the old stuff out but puttin in the new ones is cake.

Originally Posted by wytiak

Oh, and the poly bushings for the oem lca's does not need to be pressed-in by a machine.