Notices

Integra WW sideskirts, on civic?

Old 09-10-2002, 06:11 PM
EddieK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra WW sideskirts, on civic?

hey..... just this weekend i saw a 92 civic with what seemed to look just like Wings West racing series sideskirts that go on 94+ integras... I was just wondering. do they make these sideskirts for the 5th gen civics? or does it have to be done custom? and... if it has 2 be done custom, then wut does it take?

nobody answered me in the appearance/cosmetic forum for like... a few days so i posted it here.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:16 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

I don't think it requires a lot of modifications to make them fit in a civic. I think that the lengths are the same for both the teggy and the civic. It's just a matter of where to bolt it up on the car...
Old 09-10-2002, 09:41 PM
dnt94civic

Originally posted by randomtask77
I don't think it requires a lot of modifications to make them fit in a civic. I think that the lengths are the same for both the teggy and the civic. It's just a matter of where to bolt it up on the car...
Sorry randomtask77, but I will have to disagree with you on this one. there will be a lot of modification for this to work.

the Integ sides and civic sides are different. Civic sides are much longer. Well, on the civic coupes it is very long, but on the hatches, the sides are a little shorter than the coupes. So, in order for the WW sides from an integ to work, you will need to cut it in half, and extend it. Now the tricky part is that since the WW is urethane, you can't used fiberglass to fill in the missing gap. and that is where most of the work will come in. I have never found anyone around my area that knows how to work with polyurethane and successfully do this conversion. But if you can, good luck. I wanted to do this to, but it was too hard.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:54 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Originally posted by dnt94civic

Sorry randomtask77, but I will have to disagree with you on this one. there will be a lot of modification for this to work.

the Integ sides and civic sides are different. Civic sides are much longer. Well, on the civic coupes it is very long, but on the hatches, the sides are a little shorter than the coupes. So, in order for the WW sides from an integ to work, you will need to cut it in half, and extend it. Now the tricky part is that since the WW is urethane, you can't used fiberglass to fill in the missing gap. and that is where most of the work will come in. I have never found anyone around my area that knows how to work with polyurethane and successfully do this conversion. But if you can, good luck. I wanted to do this to, but it was too hard.
Glad that someone clarified it before someone got some teggy sides for their civic. :thumbup: I was told by a shop that deals with a lot of body kits that the teggy sides would fit a civic. That was the only reason why I'd suggest it. But since you've confirmed it, we are now all the wiser. Sorry for any confusion that this might have caused.