Notices

Installing rear trailing arm bushings

Old 11-09-2005, 07:35 AM
wytiak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ES TL bushing set was like $25 from Summit. Prothane was like $85. The mugen was $115 plus shipping. The OEM was even more expensive. Some say that the poly rubber binds. Some say it is compliant. Some say the black polyurethane rubber is better than the red because it is graphite impregnated. I learned about mugen after buying the ES. I hope there will be no problem.

But pressing the poly bushings described above was very easy. There is no way u can get these poly bushings in by simply lining it up and then pounding it. It will just slip and slide and not work. I don't know about the other bushings.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

I'd like to see a DIY on this if there isn't one already. My bushings are shot too.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

oh yeah i forgot to mention, i did use a wire brush to clean the residue from the old bushing off. i literally push the new es tl bushing in by hand wit the supplied grease. no need for anything else.

there is a giant debate bout the es/prothane bushings about it binding and what not and causing the car to be unstable at high speeds. i had have mines for over a year now and they feel great imo. stiff solid feel in the rear of the car, and not to mention, i replaced it because my old bushings were shot. for 25 bukks, im not complaining.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:43 PM
DamnUndrSteer

Originally Posted by Outxider
what i did was torch the metal pin, not the rubber but the inner pin and the outter walls of the rubber bushing, then my friend took a flathead and peel the bushing away. after that we just push the bushing right out, made it easier by cuttin down the center first. took bout 30min per side.
He forgot to mention, that he burned my leg with the torch while we were doing this...:exnbp: