Notices

tein or omni power

Old 10-26-2005, 09:43 PM
importkustoms00
Korean DOOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein or omni power

how are the tein basic dampers compared to the omni power coilovers?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:28 PM
syclone

tein basics are an excellent choice for street and daily driving.. it improves handling as well.. but it's not aggressive enough for competition use such as autox.. i also wouldn't really recommend it for track duty either (road course)

i've never really been too fond of omni's.. i haven't found a place for them either.. i think they're too aggressive for street and not optimally setup for competition duty either. but that's just my opinion. i know there are people who swear by them.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

TEIN = da hawtness
Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't tried them out personally and just going by what you 'hear', I don't think that is the best reccomendation. TEIN basics are not worth the money, and the only TEIN's worth getting are their higher end coil-over systems.

Omnipower offers two setups for both street and track, coming in different spring rates. They have a 'street' and a 'race' package.

For about %40 less than the TEIN basic's, you get similar quality, however, the noticeable differences include the fact that you do not lose ANY suspension travel with the Omni's.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 10-27-2005, 09:00 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the omni's and i love them. they're worth the price over the basic dampers. and like nelson said, if you want something good from tein you would need to get some of the higher end products($1000 or more) whereas the Omnis would set you back about 700. i got mine for 692 off of prostreetonline.com.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

I've driven on Omni Power Sports on 2 tracks. (Laguna Seca and Infineon Sears Point) They've held up very well are will do fine on the street too. Compared the Omni Sport to the Tein Basics, I would go with Omni. Omni in this case has adjustable shock collars which allow you to adjust height without sacrficing stroke length. You would need to buy Tein Flex System ($1300+) for that kind of setup.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
importkustoms00
Korean DOOD

hmm...well sounds like the omnis are better over all seeing how the price is not much more than the tein basics thanx for al the help omni power streets is what it shall be.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:32 PM
syclone

Originally Posted by Nelson
If you haven't tried them out personally and just going by what you 'hear', I don't think that is the best reccomendation. TEIN basics are not worth the money, and the only TEIN's worth getting are their higher end coil-over systems..
careful what you're saying.. read my post.. tein basics are great for street.. and i said i would NOT recommend them for competition use.. i had basics on my civic before i turned it into 'competition only' duties. i also have tein rs on my s2k which i used during last year's season..

i drove a friend's civic that had omni's.. he said it was the street version.. the suspension was stiff enough that when i went on a freeway changeover, the car skipped when it went over those freeway 'bumps'. that's dangerous.. optimal competition setup is far different from optimal street setup. there is no real 'best' overall setup. you sacrifice on both ends.. so choose how you're going to use your car more often.. then choose your suspension.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:39 PM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

you can get omni off of www.passwordjdm.com
Old 10-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by syclone
there is no real 'best' overall setup. you sacrifice on both ends.. so choose how you're going to use your car more often.. then choose your suspension.
That is the way to go.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net