Notices

torque b16aII bolts

Old 10-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Hon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque b16aII bolts

hey guys. thanks for the clutch and fly help i posted a few days ago.
anywho... my engine is being shipped to me in 2 days (b16a second gen, going into a 92 civic). i already have the torque wrench; i just need to know how much to torque the tranny after i'v changed the clutch and flywheel. also, are there any other torque specific bolts i will need to worry about?? thanks again. i'll try to get some pics of it once its all done.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:28 PM
junior-ae

Pretty much every bolt on a Honda has a torque spec. You'd be best off to pick up a Helm's manual before starting a job like that. Make sure it covers the engine you're putting into the car.

I don't remember what the actual tranny bolts were torqued to on my D16, but if I remember right, the flywheel bolts themselves are about 87 ft-lbs...
Old 10-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Originally Posted by junior-ae
Pretty much every bolt on a Honda has a torque spec. You'd be best off to pick up a Helm's manual before starting a job like that. Make sure it covers the engine you're putting into the car.

I don't remember what the actual tranny bolts were torqued to on my D16, but if I remember right, the flywheel bolts themselves are about 87 ft-lbs...
Yea, flywheel is 87, pressure play 19. As for the actual bolts holding the tranny to the block, I tightend them to 90, then used a breaker bar to tighten them more.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Hon

great. thanks guys.