Notices

Another exhaust dilemma...help

Old 10-11-2005, 07:03 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another exhaust dilemma...help

Whats up everyone,

I just recently got a good deal (hookup 4 dirt cheap) on some exhasut parts. Which include the following parts:
- DC Sports 4-2-1 2piece header
- Magnaflow high flow cat
- Flowmaster 60 series muffler
ALL PARTS ARE BRAND NEW

Now my problem is like many, my 2.25'' piping has almost completely rusted from the inside out, and I now need new piping. I want to get a cat back system and just sell the muffler seperate, which will solve many of my problems, but Im not sure on which brand/type/size I should go for. The bottom piece to the header directly connects to the 2'' inlet for the cat and the outlet on the cat is 2'' also. I have a d16z6 and am planning on keeping it naturally aspirated for now.

TO THE POINT------>
I am clueless when it comes to exhaust work. I know its not rocket science, but there are so many things that can make a good setup go bad and so on. I just want to do it right so I wont have to mess with it again.

Help me! Thanks.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:30 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Are you serious right now?

Come on people, all Im asking for is some opinions.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:39 PM
97civicEXVTEC

are you asking us opinions on what exhaust to get or how to install an exhaust?? im lost..
Old 10-12-2005, 06:08 PM
SRT_Andy

Originally Posted by imnot4n
I am clueless when it comes to exhaust work.
You're also clueless when it comes to asking a question - nobody knows what the hell you're asking. Read it again YOURSELF and see if you can find a question in that ramble you call a post.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:35 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by SRT_Andy
You're also clueless when it comes to asking a question - nobody knows what the hell you're asking. Read it again YOURSELF and see if you can find a question in that ramble you call a post.
Lol, come on guys...he's cool. Just a little confused on which exhaust brand to go for, and what size. It really depends on your personal preference, with looks, style, performance, sound, etc. I really dont know a lot of the best brands, because i have custom 2.5" mandrel bent piping being made right now, along w/ an Apex'i N1 muffler. Give us some more info.

EDIT: RSR, Greddy (Evo2, SP2) Apex'i (N1=louder, WS) HKS makes a nice exhaust also. Just throwing a few at you, search around. good luck
Old 10-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Originally Posted by imnot4n
I want to get a cat back system and just sell the muffler seperate, which will solve many of my problems
You just sorta answered your own question. If you're not trying to spend much money, get a Magnaflow cat-back. It will bolt right up to what you've already got.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:16 AM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Originally Posted by SRT_Andy

I dont like to respond to ignorant people, but I do feel as if you need to be put on the spot. Exactly what was your motivation to waste your time on a reply to a post that did nothing for me or yourself. Hopefully you can reflect and internally relax those overzealous estrogen hormones, and atleast come up with an intelligent reply, even when a post may seem too difficult for you to break down. Have a great day SRT_Andy in a Honda/Acura forum. Smart enough.

If you are having trouble breaking down this post, you can visit the link below and simply type in the "confusing" word, and hit search.
http://dictionary.reference.com/

Old 10-17-2005, 05:11 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

is that the site u used to look up all those words? u didnt really ask a question, you were more or less just rattling off parts that u had bought.
so r u asking how to put it together? exhaust clamps and or welding, or take to an exhaust sho pand have them do it. u wont notice mush power on an sohc from an exhaust, u need a turbo bro.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:35 AM
B16a2VTIguy
Built B16a

Right every1 calm down!! imnot4n, if you tell other ppl not to leave ignorant posts then why do it yourself? surely then your just as bad as them!!
Anyway, back to the thing wer all here 4, CAR TALK!!
If you have a 2 inch inlet and outlet from your hi-flow cat you have to options-
1*Ditch the cat and put a de-cat pipe in, your header will be 2.25(or 2.1!! cant remember), so theres no point in a 2 inch cat restricting it. I'd get a de-cat and a cat back exhaust with 2.25 piping so no flow is restricted. Just make sure you geta good quality mandlel bent one.
2*If you want to keep your cat, any cat back exhaust of 2 inch or upwards should be fine, coz only so much gas's can get through the cat anyway.

As for sound, as every1's already said each to the own, it completly depends on your taste. I have a full mongoose system inc de-cat, and just love it!!
Hope this helps, if i'm wrong bout anything any1 feel free to correct me!!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:13 AM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

My problem is that there isnt a huge selection for a 4dr cat back system. So I got all the parts hoping to get custom bent piping and Id be good...well come to find out that most(all) of the exhaust shops I have went to will not install or hang piping because they cant prove the headers and cat are state legal. So Im stuck with parts, exhaust still loud as heck, not wanting to spend alot of money on custom piping+labor, and Im not seeming to get alot of help from this forum which was the reason for my response. Im not asking how to install anything, I have no problem with that, Im not sure what to get with my setup and performance plans. Ive never had a car that was NA. I want to get an Apexi World Sport 1 or 2 system but I cant find them for 4dr.

Can I just get a coupe world sport cat back system and just extend the piping? Im not sure how much longer the piping needs to be from coupe->sedan. If you know the measurements of the coupe/sedan differenctial please share. THanks