Notices

95 del sol si

Old 10-02-2005, 01:31 PM
potter11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 del sol si

iam about to buy a 95 del sol SI and was wondering if ne had any imput into what i should expect. is the power efficient enough? iam driving a acura integra gsr right now with the DOHC VTECH... how much of a difference am i going to see between the two engines?
Old 10-02-2005, 01:44 PM
kiddcarbuff

the del sol is a single cam vtec, but since the power to weight ration is pretty damn good i dont think you will feel much of a difference. the sol's weight makes it fast, w/ mods it can be a very very fast car
Old 10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by kiddcarbuff
the del sol is a single cam vtec, but since the power to weight ration is pretty damn good i dont think you will feel much of a difference. the sol's weight makes it fast, w/ mods it can be a very very fast car
It sounds to me that you've never driven a GSR.

The del sol is very light, but regardless...you will definitely notice a difference between a del sol w/ a sohc vtec compared to a dohc vtec...B18c1 for that matter! BIG DIFFERENCE. Dont get me wrong, im a Single cam guy all the way, but GSR's are quick no matter what. A hell of a lot quicker than a sol, guarenteed!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:53 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by potter11
iam about to buy a 95 del sol SI and was wondering if ne had any imput into what i should expect. is the power efficient enough? iam driving a acura integra gsr right now with the DOHC VTECH... how much of a difference am i going to see between the two engines?
hah your in for a bit of a shock. There is a big hunk of power your losing. The good news is, the d16 is easily modified to get you that power back. My suggestion, boost I love my sol, and i love it even more with the turbo.