Notices

EK Sidemarker works, then doesn't

Old 09-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Mr_Goodbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK Sidemarker works, then doesn't

I installed my sidemarkers tonight on my EK coupe. I did the right side first, cutting the hole, which was scary to say the least, installing the marker, and doing the wiring. I hooked up the black ground wires together and then the RED wire from the sidemarker to the Green/Yellow wire to the blinker light. I tested it and it worked great. Sidemarker blinked when I put my turn signal on.
Did the same for the left side and hooked up all the wires using butt connectors, shrink tubing, and electrical tape. I put on my left blinker and that worked fine. Sidemarker blinks. Turned my right blinker on and it blinks twice as fast and the sidemarker light doesn't light.
When I put on my hazards, the right front blinker bulb lights, but not as bright, and the Sidemarker still doesn't come on. Checked all the bulbs, front and rear, and the filaments inside are all intact.
Do I need a new relay? What else should I check?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

bulb either got burnt out or the ground is cut on the side whom is blinkin faster. no biggie.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:10 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you used butt connectors. solder should always be your 1st choice in wire connecting/splicing methods. butt connectors just add a weak link into the works. also are you wiring them serial or parallel?
Old 09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Mr_Goodbar

Its a parallel connection. I think Im gonna check the ground right now. Its about 1240 in the pm.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Mr_Goodbar

The one F'ing time I decide to be lazy and use butt connectors, the goddam ground wire comes loose. Thats it, Im throwing all those f'ing things away. :madfawk: :angry: :doh: wned: :barf: :wtf: :down: :nono: :airon: :slap: :run: :wtcslap: But I fixed it and I got me the rest of the day to watch football now.