Notices

Please help me out!

Old 08-05-2005, 01:53 PM
blackrocket93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me out!

Hello, I am new here but, not new to civics, I have owned a few. My latest is a black 93 ex that I have a problem with. The problem is that the bushing is bad in the pass side front, lower control arm.(the one closest one to the front of the car) The bolt that runs through it won't tighten and I am afraid won't loosen either, just turns like there is no nut on the other end. The way that the car is made won't let you feel or see if there's a nut on the backside. I just wonder what could have happined here. If anyone can help with what happined and/or the way to approach fixing the problem, I would really appreciate it. thanks again
Old 08-05-2005, 02:00 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it keeps turning then you either have a broken bolt or the threads in the hole that the bolt goes into are stripped. just try to take it out and look at the bolt to see what happened to it(i.e. see if the threads are flat).
Old 08-05-2005, 02:08 PM
blackrocket93

Ok, is there a nut on the other end or is the crossmember just threaded for the bolt? thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 02:09 PM
blackrocket93

Ok, is there a nut in there or is the crossmember just threaded for the bolt? Is it possible to get in to it after the bolt is removed to either weild the nut back on or rethread the hole for the bolt? thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 02:50 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can rethread the hole if the threads in it are striped. if the piece of the bolt is still in there because it was broken off then you'll have to drill the part of the bolt out. im pretty sure the crossmember is threaded, i havent really looked at the loer control arm on my car in a while so i cant really tell.