Notices

about to buy a "longblock", what should i look for?

Old 08-01-2005, 07:48 PM
SICK BOY
gsr-t hatch in progress!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about to buy a "longblock", what should i look for?

The guy in the next town over is selling a obd1 b18b1 longblock and ecu. he has already taken out the crank, pistons, and rods because he was planning on sleeving, but is now moving onto a different project. im not very familiar with b series engines and dont know what to look for to see if anything is missing. the only thing he said thats missing is the distributor and alternator belt i think. the block seems pretty bare, but its on a stand. could anyone provide close up pictures of what this should look like? or what should i look for and where would it be? thanks

i also posted this in the hybrid section but didnt get any responses so i posted it here because i think ill get a quicker response. i need some help asap. this guy has a few offers already and i want to take advantage of the deal if its good.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:59 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

IS he putting the pistons,rods, and crank back in? Longblock generally means the whole motor except tranny and usually distrib.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:08 PM
SICK BOY
gsr-t hatch in progress!

nope hes keepin them out, but it just saves me some time because i plan on replacing them anyways
he says everything is there except what is stated above, but he doesnt seem to know a whole lot about it, so i was just going to check it out to make sure.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
b20hatchy
EM1 Crew member #74

If you buy a long blkock any where on the web i would say hmotorsonline.com.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:20 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

ugh, your about to pay for a disassembled longblock that youll end up building anyway? i wouldnt bother. buy a full swap or just buy a bare block and build it. by the time you get everything the way it should be, buy a tranny, dizzy, and another parts you arent getting in the deal, you probably would have paid the same amount for a full swap or maybe even less