Notices

Omnipower + Neuspeed/Koni's?

Old 07-28-2005, 04:55 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omnipower + Neuspeed/Koni's?

Hey all, I am going to be installing this setup soon, and I want everyones input on what else I need.

I have been going through Function, and he said I needed adapter plates for the setup I am running, for the shocks (neuspeed/koni sp3's) and (omnipower coilovers). I looked it up online, and I cant seem to find the adapter plates anywhere, I wanted to find them localy so I could do the install asap, but I cant seem to find anything? Any ideas? Or a website to lead me in the right direction?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:47 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Bump, need info by the weekend...
Old 07-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

What adapters are you needing... and if you had bought the ground controls that work with koni's you would not need them.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:23 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

I did some research and for the price I paid, and the quality of the product, I got a damn good deal. I am almost positive I would still need the adapters if I had ground controls....

The NEUSPEED/Koni shocks have an adjustable spring perch to level the car (5 machined grooves on the shock body for 5 positions of adjustment) - the most desirable handling position, as well as, a 20mm shorter droop length for use with lowering springs, and I was told I need adapter plates to make the shocks work with coilovers. I just wanted to know more about these adapter plates, who makes them and where I can get them?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

Originally Posted by racerdave
I did some research and for the price I paid, and the quality of the product, I got a damn good deal. I am almost positive I would still need the adapters if I had ground controls....
Ground controls have a sleeve that is made to mate to the snap ring on the koni;s, and the springs are made by eibach and need nothing else... you know who makes omni springs????? Me either, hope you like sagging springs...

The only adapter I can think of you may need is on the back of your konis there is , what looks like a large flat washer that has a groove in it that sits on the snap ring, You will need 2 of those for the fronts (call Koni you can get them from there), do not us the spring perch's that came with the konis, put them aside and sit your sleeves on the "washers". Make sure they are centered, most non gc sleeves do not fit tight against the shock body, if they are not centered, you can cause the snap ring to fail. I used cardboard on my cheap ass sleeves to take up the space between the sleeves and the koni's. After you get this all setup, be sure to check the snap rings often, if your not centered on the "flat washers" you will cause them to fail and sleeves will slip.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Thanks for the info, now I know who to talk to about these spring seats, I was lookin at the shocks today, and figured out what your talkin about.

Is there anything better I can use besides cardboard to center the spring sleeves? Would a thick sheet of rubber be alright to wrap around the shock and slip the sleeves over that?? All I would be doing is keeping the sleeve evenly away fron the shock body, and centered..correct?

I know a few people who run the same setup I am geting, and my buddys have had Omni's on there cars for almost 2 years and they have had no poblems with them... I believe with these shocks, and coilovers and the front camber kit, I will have everything I need for my car to perform the way I want it to.. Besides I got them for a good price.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:11 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Oh and one more thing, I want to know how low I can go before I start getting negative effects on handling, and my suspension?
Old 07-30-2005, 05:09 AM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

Originally Posted by racerdave
Oh and one more thing, I want to know how low I can go before I start getting negative effects on handling, and my suspension?
All Depends, spec is -1.5 as the max on most honda's I have ran more than that without any advers affects on tire wear, toe is the important adjustment when it comes to tire wear, incorrect toe, with some negative camber will eat your tires very quickly.

You can use anything you would like to get the coil overs centered on the koni's I just used card board because that is what I had, once you get them assembled they will stay centered with the weight of the car, the card board was just to help before you had any force on them.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:33 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Omnipower sent A bag of different size O'rings to center the sleeves on the shock. So I will use them. Thanks for the info.