Notices

adjusting boost

Old 07-21-2005, 07:44 PM
aham98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting boost

how do i adjust the boost by the wastegate. It is external. And where can i get a map sensor check valve. How do u install it.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by aham98
how do i adjust the boost by the wastegate. It is external. And where can i get a map sensor check valve. How do u install it.
You can control the boost by either putting a stiffer spring into the wastegate, or buying a boost controller. You can either opt for a mechanical or electronic controller, but they will both regulate boost.

Google for a check valve. I have seen them for sale online all the time. It just bleeds boost off before it reaches the map sensor, so I would assume that you would install it between the manifold and map sensor.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:50 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Shmoo
Google for a check valve. I have seen them for sale online all the time. It just bleeds boost off before it reaches the map sensor, so I would assume that you would install it between the manifold and map sensor.
i believe this would also be known as the missing link.. i see them on ebay all the time.. just looks like a spacer between the mani & u'r map sensor.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:12 AM
aham98

[QUOTE=Shmoo]You can control the boost by either putting a stiffer spring into the wastegate, or buying a boost controller. You can either opt for a mechanical or electronic controller, but they will both regulate boost.

Google for a check valve. I have seen them for sale online all the time. It just bleeds boost off before it reaches the map sensor, so I would assume that you would install it between the manifold and map sensor.[/QUO

where so i get a stiffer spring. and where does it go. On top right. How do i keep it there.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:18 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by aham98
where so i get a stiffer spring. and where does it go. On top right. How do i keep it there.
you can find the springs on ebay or your local performance shop should carry them. & it depends on what style wategate you have but if it resembles a Tial then u just take that the lil allen screws out from the ring & seperate the top from the bottom.. spring is sittin in there.