Notices

new car door

Old 07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
frank
frank from canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new car door

hey guys, and girls,
i just bought the same driver side door off my car 93 civic sedan from the wreckers so that i can replace it with my badly creased door with a non creased one.

is there something i need to know before attempting to swap it in myself? is it pretty straigth forward, ie undoing the bolts to the door and then redoing them back up on the new door or is there some sort of holy crap i didn't think of this and now i can't get any door back on my car situation?

thanks
Old 07-21-2005, 02:55 PM
delsol161

it's very easy. juss a matter of bolting it on and aligning everything. plus you gotta run the harness into it. should take less than an half hour
Old 07-22-2005, 09:13 PM
frank
frank from canada

thanks man, it looks pretty straightforward and i can do the inside panels and everything, i've taken them off before, i just wanted to know it wasn't a one way deal where if you take off a door, you can't put it back on with some sort of 500 dollar shop tool...
Old 07-23-2005, 05:19 AM
delsol161

nah, nothin' like that man... luckily and here's a tip. if you don't have another guy there to help hold the door up while you run the bolts in... use a floor jack or blocks of wood to hold it up. that'll make it a hell of a lot easier to put in the bolts. otherwise, holding up the door and tighening bolts will become a huge pain in your ass. goo luck
Old 07-23-2005, 05:24 AM
BigDaddyDoug
Banned

a new door will throw the aerodynamics of your car off. Keep the stock one no matter the condition. If a different door was meant to be on there it would
Old 07-23-2005, 09:36 PM
frank
frank from canada

but i'm replacing the door with the same exact door off the same car, make model and year. why would it throw the aerodynamics off? i'm replacing it to get ride of a large crease i currently have on my door...?
your response seems a bit odd?
Old 07-24-2005, 02:25 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by frank
but i'm replacing the door with the same exact door off the same car, make model and year. why would it throw the aerodynamics off? i'm replacing it to get ride of a large crease i currently have on my door...?
your response seems a bit odd?
Incase you didn't notice he was warned for that post and banned.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 AM
delsol161

yeah, ignore that idiot. it won't hurt a thing... forget he even posted that. you'll be fine dude. juss makes sure it's al llined up an pretty, and you'll be happy with the result